Chapter Fifty-Eight

Katniss POV- (December)

"Willow!" I call to her.

She is just across the hall in her bedroom, playing I think.

"What?" She calls back to me.

I laugh giddily, "Come here, please?!" I say.

I hear a loud groan and her heavy footsteps coming closer and closer as she walks into my bedroom.

"What, Momma?" Willow asks me curiously.

I take a deep breath.

"Go downstairs and give this note to Daddy, please." I tell her, handing her a little piece of paper I've been working on perfecting for hours.

She looks at it, clueless to what the words say.

I take a deep breath as she hurries down the stairs to Peeta who's doing whatever he is doing down there.

I think he knows something is up too.

I get up and start down the stairs as he runs up them, nearly running right into me. But he catches me, keeps me from tumbling backwards by grabbing my waist and pulling him towards me.

"Oh my God!" Peeta says starting to cry. He hugs me tightly and picks me up.

I smile and press my lips to his and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Oh my gosh." He says over and over and kisses me over and over too.

I'm crying too.

"I love you so much." He laughs, tears streaming down his cheeks.

I giggle, "I love you too, Peeta." I say and press another kiss to his lips.

He sets me back down, still holding me to him.

"You're serious?"

"Yes." I laugh hysterically and he hugs me again.

I start cry happily into his shoulder and he's shaking so bad, the way he does when he is really excited.

Willow comes up behind us and by the look on her face, I can tell that she is confused beyond measure.

"Why are you guys crying?" Willow asks us, so confused and concerned.

We pull away from our hug and I laugh and sniffle and I nod at Peeta.

"Willow, Mommy and I need to talk to you about something." Peeta says nicely to her.

Her eyes get real wide, "I bet you Buttercup did it." She says quickly.

Peeta and I laugh, "You're not in trouble, baby girl." I say to her and relief floods her face.

"Okay, good." She says.

And that just makes me wonder what she did that she's blaming that cat for.

"Then why are you guys so sad?" Willow asks and Peeta picks her up as we go walk the stairs.

Peeta and I sit down on the couch and he pulls Willow into his lap, she looks at us both with curious eyes.

"We aren't sad, Willow. We are actually really really happy." Peeta tells her and she looks at me for assurance and I nod my head, I can't stop smiling.

"But why are you so happy and you're crying too?" She asks me, frowning.

I smile and let Peeta take it from here.

"Do you remember a long time ago, in April when you asked Mommy if we could buy a baby?" Peeta asks her.

Willow nods her head, still confused.