Chapter Eighty-Five

Katniss POV- (3 weeks later, 4:40am)

I can't believe I'm five months pregnant.

It's going by so slow but so fast just the same.

I'm officially not able to fit into any of my old clothes because of my belly that I swear gets bigger every other day.

Peeta still has the vibe that the baby is a boy, but Willow and I are both sure it's a girl and is everyone else.

But it won't matter because in about eight or nine hours, we will have our suspicions confirmed.

I've been awake all night thinking about it.

However, staying up all night being anxious does not make the time tick faster but it does make time for some good day dreaming and thinking.

I thought of a name that I want to suggest to Peeta if he is right but if not, I'm not sure what we will choose.

I've been going to the bathroom a lot more lately too and I have heartburn from you know where.

I haven't experienced much hardcore kicking like Willow use to do, just occasional hard kicks but mostly light ones. I am kind of nervous about it so I'm gonna ask Doctor Coles what she thinks about that, Peeta is kind of nervous about it too but I highly doubt it's anything.

My aching back and feet unfortunately have gotten worse and most likely will continue to do so but Peeta luckily knows how to give pretty good massages.

I've kind of started to waddle too. Willow informed me of this the other day when we were in the grocery store. She was holding the cart while I walked over to get something and she loudly informed me that I 'walk like a penguin.' I couldn't even be mad at her for that or anything she's stated about me lately because she's trying to help and she's just so honest it's funny.

Peeta has been even more overprotective of me lately too but I am trying to be patient with him.

There for awhile I know I hurt his feelings a lot by things I would blurt out or get mad at him for but I couldn't help it. I still get frustrated with him but I'm biting my tongue a lot lately.

All of a sudden the silence is interrupted by Peeta's alarm clock going off.

Signaling it's officially 5am.

My appointment is at 2pm so as soon as I drop Willow off at school I am coming home and sleeping till Peeta gets home at noon-ish.

I'm so glad he's the boss and can decide hours and when he goes in because it's so nice having from 12 to 3 with him to myself.

I know that's gonna change once we have the baby but that's okay. I think it'll be good for us. I mean he assured me he was taking off for the first few months to help me, until I got back into the swing of things, which I'm grateful for.

Peeta gets up and turns his alarm clock off and stretches. I turn and look at him, letting him know I'm awake.

"Go back to sleep." He tells me softly.

"I haven't slept." I tell him truthfully and sit up.

He sighs and sits down on the edge of the bed, "Why not?" He asks me, putting his arm around me and pulling me into a tired hug.

I lay my head on his shoulder, not being able to contain my smile, "I'm too excited for today."

Peeta laughs a little, "I'm excited too but you still should've slept some."

I shake my head, "I will sleep after I drop off Willow. Then you can come sleep with me until right before the baby appointment." I tell him with a cheesy grin.