Chapter Forty-Seven

Katniss POV- (Dinnertime)

"Peetie-Pie!!" Finnick runs over and picks Peeta up dramatically.

"Finny!" He exaggerates.

I laugh behind them and Willow gives them a look.

"Finnick, my Daddy is not a food." Willow says crossing her arms.

"Yes he is and you're Mommy is too and you're a tree so-" He sticks his tongue out at her and I roll my eyes.

Willow smiles a little and hugs my leg.

"Katniss." Finnick says formally and hugs me.

"Well, let's go inside. Jo is here too, she's in the kitchen with Annie. Finn is there too, Willow." He tells us.

I nod and we go inside together and head straight to the kitchen.

"Johanna!" Willow squeals and runs over, hugging her happily.

"Hey, kiddo." She says lighting up.

"Annie!" Willow says running around to her and hugging her too.

I smile and take a seat next to Johanna.

"Hey."

"Hey." Johanna says.

I smile a little at her and she returns it.

"Willow, Finn is gonna come in here in a few minutes, he's cleaning his room up." Annie tells her and she nods.

She comes back around to Johanna and I and climbs up in my lap and sits down.

Johanna turns around and looks at her, "You have a good Mommy. Did you know that?" She says, sounding so out of character.

Willow smiles and looks at me.

"Yep." Willow says and hugs me tight.

I can't help but to smile and feel all warm inside.

I mumble, 'thank you' to Johanna and she smiles genuinely at me.

"So, I'm sure you heard." Johanna says to me, a huge annoyed sigh coming from her.

Annie laughs a little and I nod.

"I did."

"Yeah, well, he's a fucking idiot." She says bluntly and Willow turns to look at me.

I give Johanna a look and she makes a face, "Oh. Shit. Sorry, damn it. Ugh, oh never mind. You get my point." She says.

I laugh, "Yeah, I got you." I say.

Johanna groans, "Almost ten years with him and he just breaks it off."

"You guys never really had a real relationship, honestly. You were just 'together.' Jo, I'm surprised it lasted that long with either of your tempers." I say truthfully.

She laughs, "I know. Trust me, I know. But you'd think after that long we would actually love each other but we don't. I mean not in the way we thought we should."

"I'm sorry, Johanna." I say frowning.

"It's fine. I'm not surprised but maybe I'll find someone else. Someone better than him."

"Better than Fresh?" Willow asks. Annie, Johanna and I all laugh.

"Yeah, Willow. Better than him." Johanna laughs and ruffles at her hair.

"Aunt Katniss!" Finn says running over to me. He hugs me and Willow looks down at him, "Hi."

"Hi." He says waving to her.