Chapter Thirty

Peeta POV-

"Willow, baby girl, come here." I say as she wonders off into the kitchen.

I stand up and walk towards the kitchen. I see her trying to get in the fridge. "What are you doing?" I ask her with a laugh.

I walk over and open the refrigerator to see if she even knows what she wants or if she's just being ornery. She points at the light and starts telling me stuff.

I just widen my eyes and listen, "Really?"

She nods.

Then shuts the door and walks away. I laugh and shake my head, scooping her up into my arms as I walk by.

"You're so silly!" I say to her and I start tickling her and she giggles.

"You are!" I tell her, laughing myself.

I set her down in front of me and take a seat and she stands up, running around the couch, towards the front door, right as Katniss walks in and nearly is hit by the door.

Willow stops in her tracks and I do too.

She looks up at Katniss.

"There's Mommy!" I say cheerfully and Katniss picks a very excited Willow up.

I jump up, "How'd it go?" I ask her curiously.

"Fine." She says smiling as Willow grabs her cheeks and kisses her with an open mouth.

Katniss smiles, closes her eyes and scrunching her nose as Willow gives her a lovely kiss right on the lips. She's still working on the whole puckering up for a kiss and not keeping her mouth open wide.

"That's good, I guess." I laugh a little as Katniss wipes away slobber from her lips and pecks mine.

"That was rude. Mommy wiped off your kiss." I tell Willow and ruffle hair her.

Katniss wipes her mouth again, "And yours." She laughs and sets Willow back on the floor.

"What'd they say was wrong? You haven't been that sick in awhile."

"Nothing really. They said it's just a bug and it should go away in a few days but since I've been around you and Willow there's a chance you both could get it too."

"Oh." I sigh.

"I'll be fine but I don't want her sick."

"But I got a shot & some medicine and I haven't really been around you both that much since so hopefully not."

"Well, if so there's nothing to really do. I was hoping it wasn't something serious." I say truthfully.

We haven't had to go to the doctors for anything bad lately and I hope to keep it that way. Hopefully Willow doesn't catch what Katniss had because she was miserable until I convinced her to go to the doctor's this morning.

"I'll be fine." She says.

"I know you will be but I worry about you." I tell her.

She laughs, "Well, you shouldn't. I'm fine, I've been way sicker than this." She reminds me.

"But still."

She playfully punches me, "Go get your daughter from the bathroom."

I turn around and see Willow is in fact running towards the bathroom.

I sigh and chase after her.

She's figured out that if she runs I'll chase her and it's become a game with her but of course, I keep playing it, because I'm sure that there are much worse games to play.