Chapter Fifty-One

Katniss POV- (The next Friday)

"Katniss, you're still not showing any signs of pregnancy. No weight gain and nothing else. Have you menstruated any?"

"Twice since we decided this all." I groan.

"Well, okay, sweetie. I am gonna do this quick testing so we can know the results in a few minutes to see if you have any sign of a kidney infection still." She says handing me a cup.

I roll my eyes and head to the bathroom. I pee in the stupid cup and while she's at it she puts some pregnancy tests in it too, even though I just stopped my period like two days ago and I know they're negative.

"I don't see the point in any of this." I say to her as she takes my weight again and my blood pressure.

"What do you mean?"

"Wasting all this money on stupid appointments and tests. I don't see the point. Obviously I'm not going to get pregnant any time soon so what's the point in this all?" I ask her.

"Katniss, the point in this all is so we can help you conceive. To figure out what is wrong and why you're not conceiving." She says.

"I don't even know that I want it anymore." I say, even though it's the biggest lie I've told in forever.

"Willow wants it and so does Peeta and I know that I use to be all for it being your choice whether or not to get pregnant because I wasn't sure you really wanted to be pregnant the first time around but you did it for Peeta. And I think you owe it to Willow to give her a brother or a sister." Dr. Coles says to me.

"Why would I owe it to her?"

"Even though I don't know her all that well and she is five years old now, I know that it's probably one of the only things she's ever asked you guys for."

And she's right.

Willow asks for little thinks a lot, like candy or something Peeta makes at the bakery but besides that she's never asked for anything this big.

"And I'm giving up on it. At least for a while anyways." I say.

She finishes up everything and the kidney infections are gone and my pregnancy tests were of course negative so I get out of there as soon as possible.

She told me maybe it would be good to take a break from this all. Wait a few months and get a fresh start. That maybe we are trying too often or that I'm too stressed out about it.

But now I need to talk to Peeta, it's nearly three but he is staying open later today. He does every other Friday.

Willow is with Bristol today, luckily.

I go to the bakery and it's packed so I go straight to the back into his office. His staff are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and so is he but he acknowledges me.

After about an hour, he comes in and shuts the door behind him.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Peeta asks me, frowning.

He knows I'm not.

I can't even look at him.

I shake my head.

He kneels down in front of me and takes my hands but I refuse to look at him.

"I don't want to have another baby anymore, I'm sorry." I mumble under my breathe.

I don't look at his face because I know I just hurt him real bad.

"Okay." He says and stands up.