Chapter Twenty

Katniss POV- (March 16th)

"Happy Birthday, Carter!" Peeta says as we approach them in the park, Finnick, Annie and Finn following behind along with all of our other friends.

She reaches for him and he takes her in his arms.

"You're finally one year old." He tells her.

Her brown eyes meet mine and she smiles at me.

She's so beautiful.

It's hard to believe she's only a year old and how much everyone's lives have changed within a year.

"Happy birthday, cutie." I say, kissing her cheek.

Her eyes find Willow who is asleep in her carrier on the ground next to me.

"She'll be bigger than you soon if she doesn't quit eating." I tell Carter and Peeta laughs.

Bristol embraces me, "Thanks so much for coming."

"No problem. I've missed you two so much. You know you're both welcome anytime. Why don't you come over anymore?"

"We've just been so busy."

"I can start watching her again soon if you need me to." I say.

"I've made other plans but I promise it's absolutely nothing against y'all. I just want you, Peeta, and Willow to have as much time as you can together." Bristol says.

I feel somewhat hurt that she's decided for someone else to care for her when we barley see her as it is but maybe it's a way of eliminating any problems in the future between the girls and us.

"Oh. Okay." I tell her nonchalantly like I'm not at all bothered by it, even though I kind of am.

"Hey, Kat." Finnick puts his hand on my shoulder.

I turn around and see him standing there, Finn in his arms and Annie by his side.

"Hey, guys." I smile and embrace Finnick and then Annie.

"Hi, there Finn." I say, ruffling his bronze hair.

"Peetie." Finnick greets Peeta in a dramatic embrace.

I roll my eyes.

The rest of the girls nearly fight over who gets to hold Willow first.

Glimmer wins, followed by Johanna, and then Clove.

"Oh, she's getting so big!" Glimmer smiles widely at her.

"Yep, I can't believe she's already over a month old." I say truthfully.

"It feels like just a few days ago you had her." Clove says with a pouted lip.

I nod in agreement.

Peeta comes back to my side.

"Oh, Katniss can we take her out?"

"Sure." I say.

Luckily, Willow is not a cranky baby so if she gets woken up, she doesn't cry and most the time she stays asleep when people take her out.

I've noticed she only cries when she is hungry or wants to be held.

Surprisingly enough, she wakes up.

Probably all of the arguing with new voices other than Peeta and I's.

"Oh, baby Willow. You're so beautiful!" Glimmer cheers.

She looks at Glimmer and then to the rest of the girls and then her eyes find mine.