Chapter Thirty-Six

Katniss POV- (A week later, Thursday afternoon)

"Peeta?"

"Mmhm?" He asks.

I take a deep breath, "I love you."

"I love you too." He says and kisses the top of my head, rubbing my arm gently. I smile softly to myself and lay my head back on his muscular shoulder.

Peeta wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him, "Thank you, for helping me." He says.

I nod.

"I mean I'm not like miraculously better or anything but just getting back to our family has helped more than anything." Peeta tells me.

"I can tell you're a bit better. It'll just take some time for us to get completely better."

"I think I've been understanding better what you meant when you said that you would never be fully okay with it but you'll live with it. That's what I'm trying to do."

"Okay." I nod my head.

He gives me a squeeze and about that time the phone rings. I let out a sigh and start to get up but he stops me.

"I can get it." He says getting up and walking towards his phone on the table.

The look on his face says that it's not anyone I'll want to talk to and he was right.

"It's your mom." Peeta says with a eerie face.

My heart races, "I don't want to speak to her." I say immediately and no doubt truthfully.

"Do you want me to-" I cut him off, "Just answer it." I say already frustrated that she's calling.

He shrugs and picks it up, turning it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Peeta?" She says, her voice sounding so strange, yet comfortably familiar in a way.

"Yes?"

"I already know that Katniss doesn't want to speak to me so I won't ask." My mother says to him.

I refrain from rolling my eyes, to prove a point of; You're damn right I don't want to talk to you.

"Yeah, um, what's up?" He asks her, giving me looks.

She sighs deeply.

"I saw pictures of her. Your baby." She starts and I give him a look.

I told him not to send her any pictures or any sort of information about Willow.

Peeta looks confused, "Ummm...How exactly did you get pictures of her?" He asks and I let out a relieved sigh-obviously she didn't get them from him.

"Katniss. She sent me some things of that I thought were suppose to be Primrose's case records...and I guess by your tone of voice that those weren't meant for me and maybe she sent the wrong envelope?"

I raise my eyebrows and Peeta glances at me.

"Um, that could be a real possibility." He says and I am freaking out.

I must've mixed up the envelopes, they were both on the counter that day and I must've picked the wrong one up and sent it. I haven't touched the other one since then.

I mentally scold myself. And by that I mean I mentally mumble cuss words to myself, using every word in the book.

"Anyways, I know that it's been a long time since I've talked to you guys but I want to see my granddaughter." My mother says, almost demanding.