Chapter Fifty

Peeta POV- (The next Monday)

(On the phone with Katniss)

"I'll be fine." I laugh.

She's freaking out because I'm going and she's not going with me because we are pretty sure Willow knows some thing is up with us.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm serious, Katniss. It's not like I'm the one getting pregnant. It's fine, I'll be perfectly fine." I assure her.

"Call me as soon as you're finished." She tells me.

I laugh, "I will. I'm just getting blood done, just like you did, I'll be perfectly fine."

"I know I'm just worried."

"It'll be fine, Katniss. The sooner I get finished with this, the sooner we can figure out what's going on." I remind her.

"I know."

"Well, I'm here so I will call you when I'm finished and then I'll be home after."

"Okay, I love you." She says.

"I love you too. I'll talk to you soon." I say and hang up.

I go inside and it's kind of weird being here without Katniss, or without a female.

There's all these pregnant women in here with their husbands or alone and I'm the only guy here by myself.

I must arrive right on time because as soon as I walk in Dr. Coles brings me back.

"Hello." She smiles.

I nod and sit down awkwardly.

It's so weird being here without Katniss.

"Hi."

"Any luck?" She asks.

I shrug, "No. I don't think so." I say with a sigh.

"Have you been making sure she's drinking at least 8 cups of water a day? And taking those pills."

"Yes. Well, I've tried. She probably doesn't drink the water until dinner and after but I make sure she drinks it then and taking the pill." I tell her.

"Good. How many times have you tried since last week?"

"Once."

"Okay." She says.

I nod and awkwardly wait for whatever is next.

"Well, we need to take some blood and we will get it sent off and see what's up with you." She says lifting my sleeve up and wiping my arm off with some kind of disinfectant wipe.

Then her nurses come in.

They stick at least 10 different needles in my arm and draw all these samples of blood and I look pretty beat up by the end of it to say the least.

"Remind Katniss she has an appointment next week to check it out. Next Friday at 12."

"I will." I say and go.

(On the phone with Katniss)

"You're a lot tougher than I thought, baby." I chuckle, looking at my bruised up arm. Feeling kind of shitty.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"I got like ten needles stuck in me and lots of blood taken out." I laugh.

"Yeah, it's happened twice to me. It happens more after I'm pregnant." She tells me.

"I know. I couldn't stand it. That just proves to me something I already knew."