Chapter Thirty-Nine

Katniss POV- (The next morning, 7am)

"Katniss, get up. We are running late. If we want to get to District One before noon we need to leave now." Peeta says shaking me awake.

I open my eyes, squinting and looking at him.

He grins, "Don't give me that look." He laughs.

I smile tiredly, my eyes squeezed shit.

"Get up, you can sleep in the car."

I sigh dramatically.

"Tell Momma to get up!" Peeta says to Willow I'm guessing.

About then I feel her tiny hands on my arm, "Up. Up." She says.

I open my eyes and see her bright, smiling face.

"But Momma is tired." I say sitting up.

She jumps into my lap and hugs me tight, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I missed you, baby girl." I say to her, kissing her grinning cheek.

Willow smiles and lays her head on my shoulder and then lifts it up, "Dad." She says snapping her head back to find him.

"What, baby?" Peeta asks her.

She smiles and then looks at me.

I laugh, "What?" I ask her and she just smiles widely.

Peeta laughs and tosses me some clothes on the bed and Willow some too.

I change her diaper and then change her clothes. I change too and then Peeta takes everything to the car while Willow and I eat some fruit from the hotel's breakfast place.

"Is it yummy?" I ask her as she devours a bunch of grapes.

She nods her head.

I smile, "Did you and Daddy have fun yesterday?"

"Yep!" Willow says bluntly, grinning.

"Yep!" I imitate her and she laughs.

"You're silly." I say to her, poking her belly.

"Boop." I say poking her nose now.

She does it to me, imitating my 'boop' sound.

Then she points behind me and I see Peeta coming inside.

"Hey." He says sitting down next to Willow in the booth, scooting her over towards the wall. She laughs and starts trying to push him back.

I laugh and so do they.

"So did you change your mind about last night?"

I give him a look.

"About what?" I ask him confused.

He sighs, "About Willow staying with your mom while we had a date or something."

I sigh, "Yeah. No, I haven't really thought about it but you know what? Maybe I will. I mean we never get to do anything together and with everything happening I think we need to do something that we usually don't get to do, even when Willow is with Finnick or someone." I say lying.

I'm not sure what I think about it, honesty. I mean why couldn't I trust my mother?

"Okay. I mean if you don't want to that's fine, I just figured since you were with us that you and I could go do whatever and let your mom watch her but I don't care what we do." He says nonchalantly. Even though I know he wants us to go on this date or whatever.