Chapter Sixty-Nine

Peeta POV-

"Morning, Daddy." Willow says smiling as I open my eyes.

I blink a few times until she come into focus, my beautiful daughter.

I slowly sit up, "Good morning, Princess. How long have you been awake?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know." She says nonchalantly and shrugs her shoulders.

I smile sleepily, "Momma is coming home today." I remind her.

She gasps, "Oh yeah! I forgotted." Willow says excitedly.

"Yeah, I have to go pick her up at 3:30." I say yawning and stretching.

"Oh, can I go with you?" She asks me.

I shake my head, "Actually Finnick is gonna watch you and the girls while I go get Momma from the airport."

She pouts, "But I want to see Momma when she gets here."

"You can. I will go straight to Finnick's to get you after I get her." I assure her.

But this doesn't cut it for her.

"Daddy, please?" Willow begs me bursting into tears and dramatically crawling over and taking my hands.

I roll my eyes.

"No." I say.

She frowns, making a pouty face.

"Willow, I promise as soon as I pick Mommy up from the airport then I will come get you so you can see her."

She crosses her arms and groans, "I want to go with you right then." Willow pouts.

"Baby, pouting is getting you no where. I know that you miss Momma but I said you can't go with me to pick her up. I need to talk to her about things you can't hear." I say sternly.

She groans, "But remember I am a big girl now and you said I'm matcher."

"Matcher or mature?" I laugh.

"Mature." She says seriously, correcting her mistake.

I roll my eyes and snort, "You're very mature but right now you're not being mature at all. You're not going with me to the airport." I say.

She sighs, "But Daddy-"

"No, Willow. I need to tell Mommy something that you can't hear so no one is going with me to pick her up."

Willow frowns.

"Okay." She says softly.

"I promise it won't be that long. Finnick's house is five minutes from the airport. I'll be gone maybe 20 minutes total." I say truthfully.

She nods, "I'm sorry I just want to see her so so so bad." Willow cries.

"I know, sweetheart but I promise you we won't be gone long." I say and pull her into a hug.

I feel the same way when I think about how much I miss her.

"Can we go make us our chocolate tart thingys now? Because I am hungry." She whines.

"Yeah, I need to go check on Carter and Carson and then we can go make them. Go downstairs and I'll be there in a second." I say and get up out of bed.

Instead of that she goes to our bathroom and does her business and then down stairs while I get dressed for the day.

After I go across the hall and check on the girls.

Carson is wide awake but surprisingly not bothering her sister, so she must've just woke up.

She smiles sleepily and I walk over, picking her up.