Chapter Twenty-Six

Katniss POV- (Chrismas Eve)

"Yeah, you're almost there. Come on!" Peeta says as Willow finally begins to take her first couple of steps.

My heart races as does hers and Peeta's too.

I let her go and she tumbles into his arms.

"Yay, Willow!" Peeta and I cheer in unison and he turns her around and she walks her two steps towards me now.

We do this back and forth until she tuckers herself out and just sits on her bedroom floor, playing with the carpet.

"Let's put on these Christmas pajamas that Daddy bought you last year." I say, getting into her closet and finding the adorable little Christmas leggings and grey shirt, along with a huge matching red and white headband.

"Momma will even put the headband on you until bedtime." I say to her as I change her diaper and dress her all up.

Peeta went downstairs to make some food or something.

This Christmas-time has literally been so magical.

We've gotten to do every tradition Peeta and I have had and even made a few more and Willow has made them all that much more fun.

The only downside to having a baby at Christmas, is that she's always trying to give me a heart attack with the Christmas tree. So far, she's tried to stand herself up using the bottom limbs or pulled the bulbs off or chew on the lights but she hasn't knocked it down so far, I'll give her that much but Buttercup has.

At night, he goes crazy.

He knocked it over a few nights ago while we were all asleep. Peeta and I both jumped up and Peeta went downstairs to see what the terrifying racket was.

Turns out, it was just our stupid cat.

"You look adorable." I say, standing her up in front of me and pressing a kiss to her cheek.

She smiles and I stand up and let her 'walk' us downstairs.

Lately, she's been trying to crawl up them but Peeta and I are too afraid to let her do that for a long while, so we haven't.

She has also tried petting Buttercup.

And by 'petting' I mean pulling his tail and ticking him off pretty badly.

"Say 'Daddy, my pajamas fit perfect!'" I tell Willow as we walk into the kitchen, finding Peeta preparing him and I some snacks.

"They look good, Willow." He tells her, kneeling in front of her. She let's go of my hands out of confidence and falls into his arms.

Peeta picks her up and kisses her cheek lovingly.

She mumbles some gibberish to him, with her big blue eyes wide. Even though we have not a clue what she is saying, we just go along with it.

"Really, baby?" I ask her as if I understood every thing she said.

Her blue eyes grow wider and she says some more.

Peeta smiles, "I can't believe that." He says to her.

She just gives him a look like; 'I know.'

Peeta hands her off to me while he gives me a cookie for her.

Since it's Christmas-time, I've been allowing her to have a little more junk food than I usually do. She surprisingly still doesn't like it all that much, usually she would rather be offered actual healthy food which is good.

I hand her a tiny piece of cookie and she eats it, somehow managing to get green icing all over her face in the process.

"That reminds me! We have to do our frosting stuff and take a picture, especially since Willow is here now." Peeta says, all jumpy.