Chapter One-Hundred

Katniss POV- (A few hours later)

"Mrs. Mellark?" A nurse says, knocking on the door of Bristol's hospital room.

I turn around a little too excitedly, "Yes?"

"Your husband is in recovery and would like to see you." She says.

I jump up, "I am going to see Peeta." I say excitedly and go over to her again.

"Good. Go see him." She laughs a little.

"I'm sorry. I will try to come see you before I go." I say and hug her.

"It's okay, Katniss. Tell the girls I love them and that I will see them tomorrow probably." She smiles, obviously happy that I get to see him now.

I've been waiting four hours.

"I will." I say walking out, following the nurse.

We go down a long hall and another long hall until we come to a room that has Peeta's name on it.

"He's still a little groggy but he is awake. Just try to be quiet." The nurse says as she lets me into the room.

I nod my head and go in.

The lights are dimmed down and the blinds are closed and above Peeta is a little spotlight. He has his arms over his face, shielding his eyes from the light.

He jumps a little when the door shuts.

"Peeta? It's Katniss." I say softly, letting him know it's only me.

"Katniss." He mumbles and holds out a hand.

I take his hand in both of mine and he lets out a sigh of pain. I sit down in the chair next to his bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him softly, kissing his hand.

"Horrible." He mumbles, kind of angry sounding.

I frown, "I am sorry." I say truthfully.

We sit in silence for awhile and then he flinches, "Aghhh." He says letting out a sudden moan of pain.

His grip on my hand gets tighter and tighter, his veins flex in his arm and neck.

"Do you want me to get someone?" I ask him worriedly.

"No." He mumbles and settles back down.

I can tell by the look of his face that he is hurting beyond anything anyone can help.

"You know that I love you." He says after a few more minutes.

I kiss the back of his hand, "I know, Peeta. I love you too. So so much." I say, almost in tears.

This is killing me to see.

He gives me somewhat of a fake smile and moves his hand away from his eyes, looking right at me.

His blue eyes hold tears in them.

"How much do you love me?" Peeta asks me, softy.

"More than you will ever know." I say softly, getting worried.

He never acts like this-maybe it's the medicine.

Peeta sighs, "Please promise me that you won't be mad at me?" He says shifting uncomfortably in his bed, giving a look of intense pain.

"I promise." I say, my heart racing.

"Katniss-" Peeta says and breaks down crying, seriously scaring me.

I stand up, "Please just tell me, you're scaring me." I say truthfully.

He has tears streaming down his cheeks and his body is shaking and jerking with sobs.

***I Am sorry to inform you all that I will not be making another book. I am deePly soRry to leave you all hanging after thIs book but it's time that I move on. I have 5 sequels and I know a Lot of people are annoyed with me For many reasOns but I'm sorry. That is why I have decided not tO do a sequel. I'm leaving it up to y'alL's imaginations to decide what happens. Thank you and I love you all ❤️ More information about why I'm not continuing this story is to come in the last chapter.