Chapter Fifty-Two

Katniss POV- (August, 10th)

"Fifteen more days until I go to big school, Momma!" Willow says excitedly.

I sigh, "You're gonna make me cry, stop reminding me." I tell her with a laugh.

She sighs, annoyed with me.

"It's alright, Momma. I'll come see you everday after I get done with school." She assures me.

I laugh a little, "We have a lot of stuff to plan. We got to buy you school supplies and new clothes too." I tell her.

"New clothes?"

"Yep."

"What did you wear when you went to school?"

I sigh and try to think back to my school pictures, "On my first day of school I think I wore a red plaid dress and had my hair in braids." I say.

"Oh. I want you to braid my hair everyday like you do right now, okay?"

I chuckle, "Deal."

"What do I need for school?"

I shrug, "Hmmm, I bet you'll need a back pack."

"Do they have purple ones or orange." She tells me.

"I bet so."

"I want one of those colors. I don't know which one thigh."

I smile, "I bet you'll need some pencils and crayons and markers probably. Maybe scissors and paper too. Or glue. I bet there's a list." I say shrugging, feeling overwhelmed.

I use to have to buy Prim and I everything for school since I turned 12 I think. I have done it in so long it's kind of overwhelming for me, even though she's only going to be a Kindergartener.

"I already got all that stuff though."

"But that's for home. Daddy said that whatever you need for school we can go get soon."

Willow sighs, "I don't know if I'm gonna like going to school, Momma. What if I don't like it?"

I frown, "I bet you'll love it. And guess what?"

"Huh?"

"Carter and Finn are only one grade above you, so you'll see them everyday probably."

"Really? Everday?" She asks, her eyes wide.

"I'm sure."

"Woah." She says.

I sigh, "I can't believe how big you are, Willow. You're growing up too fast." I say wanting to cry.

'How is my baby already going to go into kindergarten?'

"I tried stopping but it don't work none." She sighs and plops down next to me.  

I chuckle, "I am gonna be lost the first few weeks." I say as she snuggles up to my side and I wrap my arms around her.

"Why Mommy?"

"Because you won't be here to keep me company." I remind her.

She groans, "Ugh. Oh yeah. But you could go be with Daddy."

I sigh, "Maybe it won't be too bad."  I shrug.

"If not I'll just quit and stay with you forever."

I start laughing.

"Hey, you know what else?" I remember.

"What?"