Chapter Sixty-Six

Peeta POV- (That night)

"Willow, wake up baby. It's time for dinner." I say shaking her awake gently.

Carter and Carson have been awake for hours but Willow must be real tired or sick because she's refusing to get up.

She opens her blue eyes up and then closes them quickly, "I'm sleepy, Daddy."

"I know but it's 8 o'clock and you won't want to go to bed in a little while." I've been trying to wake her for hours but keep giving into her.

"Yes, huh." She says.

I chuckle, "Get up. Up! Up! Up!" I say tickling her sides.

She giggles and sits up. She's just being lazy.

"Carry me." Willow whines, sounding exactly like her mother.

I pick her up and carry her into the kitchen where Carter and Carson are already eating.

Luckily we still have Willow's highchair from a few years ago in the house, even though it's only really used when Carson is here but it'll come in handy in the next year.

"What is it?" Willow asks making a face and poking at her food.

"It's like spaghetti but with different noodles."

"I don't like it."

I laugh, "Sorry. I was gonna go to the store but you wouldn't get up so I had to use what we had."

"Okay." She says and starts eating. 

I get a phone call and see that it's Katniss.

(On the phone with Katniss)

"Hello?"

"Hey." She says, it sounds like she's been crying.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, can I talk to Willow for a minute? I'm really missing her right now." She says softly.

"Willow, it's Mommy." I say and her eyes light up.

I hand her the phone and she holds it with her face and shoulder while she eats, the way Katniss does sometimes.

"Hi, Mommy."

She listens for a minute, "Yes. Uh-huh."

"Yeah, but I am sleepy." She sighs.

"Okay, I will. What are you doing?"

Katniss says whatever and Willow friend, "Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Mommy. I promise." She says,

"I miss you."

"Okay, I love you. Bye, Mommy." Willow says and hands me the phone again.

Willow frowns and starts eating her dinner again, I get up to put Carson's plate in the sink and fill her sippy-cup up with water.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, we just saw her a few minutes ago."

"How was she?"

"Just like old herself. Just really really sick."

"Where's Bristol?"

"She's still in there. I wanted to come call you and let them have some time alone."

"Oh. How are you feeling?"