Chapter Seventy-Three

Katniss POV- (End of January)

"I need to talk to Doctor Coles now, please?" Peeta says frantically into the phone.

He's getting angry and louder, not making my headache any better. I want to tell him to shut up but he's trying to get me some help to see what's wrong with me.

"My wife is extremely sick and I don't think it's from the baby, please let me talk to her?" Peeta begs the receptionist.

He groans, "I'll wait but please tell her to hurry, it's really important."

"Yes, I understand that she's with someone else but my wife is very sick." He tells them, raising his voice.

I close my eyes, "Peeta, calm down." I mumble, putting my fingers against my temples and taking a deep, shaky breath and letting out an involuntarily cough of bloody mucus.

He looks at me and shakes his head, obviously annoyed with the receptionist.

I lean over and spit out the stuff into the trash can Peeta put next to our bed, the sight of it makes me puke.

I've been doing this since I woke up this morning.

I couldn't even take Willow to school so I had to call Peeta to come get her. I didn't dare call Bristol. She's still mad with us for Peeta and Carter's innocent conversation over a month ago.

Luckily she's not treating Willow any differently that I know of.

I am almost positive I have a fever and besides that I have the worst headache I think I've ever had in my life. I'm achy and nauseous beyond what I was with Willow or this baby so far.

Something is seriously wrong.

I can barely breathe and I have been coughing and puking since I woke up this morning.

I'm not sure what's wrong but I'm scared I'll hurt the baby when I'm coughing or puking as bad as I have been. Or that whatever sickness I've come down with will hurt the baby.

"Dr. Coles, this is Peeta. Katniss is extremely sick and she's been this way since she woke up this morning." Peeta says frantically into the phone.

"No, it's not just her normal sickness. It's not morning sickness because it never lasts this long. It's two in the afternoon and she still can't keep anything down and she's nauseous and has a fever. She's puking, coughing up bloody looking stuff too. She's miserable." Peeta explains quickly to her, sounding so pitiful for me.

I sigh deeply, laying my head back down on the pillow and close my eyes, listening to my husband rant and the sound of my heart pounding in my head.

"I don't know. She hasn't been really anywhere but home." He tells her, "No, Willow hasn't been sick and neither have I. I don't know how she could've gotten sick."

"I don't have time to wait until after your last appointment. I'm taking her to the hospital now." He says and hangs up.

I keep my eyes closed and focus on breathing the best that I can.

"Katniss? Sweetheart, I'm get you up to hospital now." Peeta tells me quietly and rubs the side of my arm.

"I don't want to go to the hospital." I mumble.

He sighs, "I'm taking you whether you want me to or not. Dr. Coles say it sounds really serious and couldn't get you in until about 6 tonight. I can't wait that long-I'm taking you."

I sigh deeply, knowing I'm not at all in my right mind.

I open my heavy eyes, "Get my shoes." I instruct him.