Chapter Thirty-One

Katniss POV- (The next day, about 5:00am)

"Katniss, I'm going to the bakery. You and Willow sleep in some and then come up when you're ready." Peeta tells me, pecking my lips and then kissing Willow on the forehead and leaves.

I'm wide awake by the time I register everything he said so I just lay in bed for awhile, loving the feeling of the little warm being cuddled up to my side.

I swear, being a mom is by far the greatest thing.

She's so smart and has the biggest heart, just like her daddy.

I lay there until I feel her stirring beside me.

I look down at her and see she's awake.

"Hey, baby girl." I say softly.

She smiles sleepily and closes her eyes again.

And...She's back asleep.

I chuckle to myself and end up falling back to sleep myself.

I don't wake up again until I hear my phone ringing. I get out of bed and see that it's Peeta.

(On the phone with Peeta)

"Hello?"

"Hey. Just checking on you." He says.

"We are fine. Why?" I ask him with a yawn and look around our bedroom.

"Nothing, it is nearly 10 o'clock so I was just making sure you guys are good." He says.

"Oh, crap! Yeah, I'm sorry! We are fine. I didn't realize what time it was. I woke up right after you left and Willow did too but then we both fell back to sleep." I say, feeling stupid and bad for oversleeping.

He chuckles, "It's fine, Katniss. Just let Willow sleep or you go back to sleep too and come up here when you're both ready. No rush."

Actually, big rush. There's only so many hours in a day and it's already kind of late.

"I'll be up there as soon as I can." I say apologetically.

"Alright, I'll see you soon."

"Okay, I love you." I say.

"I love you too. Bye."

"Bye." I say and hang up.

I sigh and go back over to bed. As soon as I lay down and close my eyes again, Willow wakes up.

My life story.

I get the baby to sleep and I lay down and she wakes up, over a year of this.

But when it's Peeta's turn to watch her at night she sleeps all night.

"Good morning, Sunshine." I say as she sits up.

She looks over at Peeta's side and then back at me.

"Dada." Willow says.

I chuckle, "Let's get up and we can go see him." I say to her and she smiles. I stand up and she jumps into my arms and we walk across the hall to her bedroom.

I change her diaper and her clothes too, putting a little headband on her too.

She sits on my bed and plays with a few toys while I get dressed myself.

"Let's go see Daddy at work." I tell her and we do.

When we get there, Peeta is in the back and there's a large line forming up front. So I decide to start helping someone.