Chapter Twenty-Three

Katniss POV- (End of May)

"Peeta! Come here! Hurry!"

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Is everything okay?" He calls.

"Willow just rolled over!" I squeal excitedly and hear him running down the staircase as fast as he can.

"She just rolled over?" He asks with a grin, completely out of breath.

I nod my head and he excitedly picks me up by my waist and spins me around.

We've been working on her rolling over for a few weeks now and she finally did it on her own.

"Yes." I say, laughing and he sets me down and we look at Willow who's staring at us both with wide, wondering eyes.

She's holding her head up almost completely now, no wobbling.

"Willow! You did it!" Peeta says to her and she lets out a little giggle.

Man, I love her so much.

"This is so cool!" He says to me.

I hold back a laugh, "Imagine how excited we will be when she starts walking or talking." I smile.

Peeta stands up and embraces me, kissing my cheek sloppily.

"I just wish I could catch her doing some of this stuff. She always does something the first time with you." Peeta sighs.

She smiled the first time for me and did this too, and as much as I love seeing it for myself the very first time, I know how much Peeta wants to see it. But again, it's not that I can help it.

"You'll get to see her do something special soon, Sweetheart. I promise." I assure him.

"I sure hope so." He says, looking down at her.

She smiles extremely wide at him.

"But hey, you got to remember that you're the only one who can get a smile and laugh out of her every single time." I remind him.

He smiles a bit, "She laughs at you a lot."

"Mostly when you tickle me and I'm squealing or when I find a spider and scream for you to come kill it. That's when she thinks I'm hilarious." I laugh.

Peeta gives me the cutest laugh.

"So, I was looking online and found that putting cereal into milk in a bottle for breakfast and before bed is a good way to help her get full and stay full. Maybe she would sleep a little longer at night and it would give you a break." Peeta suggests.

She eats more than I can produce at one time and then gets upset when she's not 100% stuffed. We give her water afterwards because she needs that too but it's not helping her stay full so Peeta and I have been researching other options to help. I think she's having a growing spurt or something because she's crankier and not sleeping as well either.

I nod, "If she wasn't such a little pig. She literally wants to be completely stuffed before she even considers being satisfied."

"Sounds like someone else I know." Peeta teases me.

"Ha. Ha." I say.

He smirks, "Do you think we should give it a shot or not? I think we are all a little exhausted again after the last few days."

"I say let's try it. It won't hurt her any." I tell him.

"Should we try feeding her vegetables soon too?" He asks.

"Why not fruit?" I ask.

"No, remember they said when we decide to feed her baby food, it needed to be vegetables first because if we try fruit first, she won't want the vegetables later."