Chapter Eighty-Seven

Katniss POV- (Noonish)

"Flowers for my beautiful wife." Peeta says walking into the bedroom with a vase full of red roses.

I look over and put my phone down on the bed, "Why'd you do that for?" I ask him with a yawn.

"Because I love you." He says setting the vase on my bedside table.

"Are you sure that you didn't do anything wrong?"

"Yes."

I face him, "You're sure?"

"Yes, Katniss." He says looking me right in the eyes.

I make a face, "You never buy me flowers unless it's a special occasion."

"I know but today is special."

"Why?"

"Because it is a new day and we are all four safe and healthy and happy. Why isn't today special?" Peeta asks me with a cheesy smile.

I chuckle, "You're so cheesy."

"I know but it works."

"It does." I say truthfully.

"Are you ready for me to make you lunch?"

"I am." I tell him truthfully.

"Would you like to watch your sexy baker husband make lunch?"

"I would love to watch my sexy baker husband make me lunch." I laugh a little and hold up my arms like a baby.

Peeta bends down and scoops me up effortlessly off the bed and carries me out of the room.

He accidentally hits the side of my head on the staircase wall.

"Ow, Peeta." I groan, giving him a scowl.

Peeta laughs a little, "Sorry." He says and with that we manage to get to the kitchen without another injury.

I sit on the barstool and Peeta just laughs at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing. I just love you."

I smile embarrassedly and look down, "I love you too." I say, not being able to stay mad at him.

He chuckles, "Sorry about your head."

"It's alright. I'll be okay."

"It didn't hit the wall that hard did it?"

I shake my head with a quiet laugh.

He starts making whatever he's making and I watch him. 

He has no idea how adorable he does everything. The way he walks or talks or does simple, everyday things like opening up the fridge. He's just so cute.

"I hope Rye is as cute as you are." I tell him.

He looks up and chuckles, "I think he will he have me beat."

I smile a little, "I think Willow has us beat already and he will too."

"Probably so but that's okay." Peeta winks.

I laugh, "We have the weirdest conversations."

"No, usually they're way way weirder."

"Very true."

There's a comfortable silence between us for a few minutes and Peeta gets food on the stove and then comes to sit next to me.

"So we should probably start talking about what we want the baby's room to look like." Peeta says awkwardly.