Chapter Fifty-Five

Katniss POV-

"Momma! I'm hot!" Willow complains from the back seat. It's the middle of summer and she refuses to not have her favorite blanket on her and her lamb with her too.

"Take that blanket off and you won't be hot." I say to her.

Peeta just laughs as he keeps driving down the road.

Willow groans, "But I love my blanket and Daddy said I can't take it to school or my lamb so I want to spend time with it now."

"Okay, but don't complain that you're hot if you won't take your blanket off." I say.

I swear this little girl.

"Daddy....When are we gonna be there?" Willow asks impatiently.

It's not like she didn't ask just a few minutes before she complained about being hot for the thirtieth time since we left this morning.

Peeta sighs, "Willow, I already told you we got just a little bit longer."

"I'm hot." She whines.

I turn around, "Seriously?" I say trying to be serious but end up laughing because she starts grinning.

"Here, Mom. You take my blanket and keep it safe." She says handing it to me. Her cheeks are bright red and she's sweating but hopefully she will cool down without that dumb blanket on.

I shake my head, "Here, I'll put it right here between me and Daddy and we will keep it safe for you."

She smiles, "Thank you, Mommy."

She sighs, "Daddy, how come you and Mommy always hold hands when you drive?"

Peeta laughs, "Because I love Mommy."

"You don't hold my hand though." Willow says narrowing her eyebrows at him, almost angry with him.

I scoff and Peeta laughs.

"That's because you're back there."

"Oh." She says laughing.

"You're crazy, Willow." 

"Nope. Momma, you're crazy!" She says.

"No way!" I say back and she laughs her adorable laugh. 

"Huh, Daddy! Mommy is crazy sometimes?!" She says and I look at Peeta.

He laughs a little.

"You're both pretty crazy sometimes." Peeta says to her and I roll my eyes, laughing.

A few hours later we arrive at our first official stop where we will be staying for the rest of the day and tonight where we have decided to camp out for some reason, which I don't mind a bit.

District Seven.

"Those trees are so big!!" Willow says as we get out of the car and she takes my hand. Holding onto her lamb with the other one.

"We are gonna sleep outside?" Willow asks me.

"Yep. It's really fun, I bet you'll like it a lot." I tell her truthfully, I haven't done it since I was real little with my Dad but its some of my fondest memories.

It's the first time Peeta and I have ever camped outside. I don't know why, because we always have outdoor dates and stuff. But we've never had the idea to camp outside until we decided to come on this trip, so it should be interesting.

"What about animals? What if there's snakes and they eat us?" Willow asks, her eyes wide and her face worried.

"Daddy will protect us and we will make sure to zip the tent up real good so nothing gets in." I assure her.