Chapter One Hundred-One/Sequel info.

Katniss POV-

"They had to amputate my leg." Peeta says.

I feel my legs begin to buckle and I sit back down, speechless.

"What?" I ask him, beginning to cry.

He sobs, "I am sorry I didn't tell you before I went in but I didn't want you to worry." Peeta says.

I start to hyperventilate as I register the words he just spoke.

"Katniss, please don't cry. Please?" Peeta begs me.

I bury my head into his bruised arm and cry.

I start gagging like I'm going to puke but I know it's only because I can barely breathe.

"Please, calm down. Breathe." He says patting my back.

"I'm sorry." I mumble into his hospital gown, trying to catch my breath.

He's crying hysterically too and I don't know what to do.

How could he not tell me?

"Please? I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Peeta says, reading my mind.

I can't even look at him.

It's not that I'm angry or love him any less but I'm just scared and I'm scared I'm going to hurt his feelings if he finds out what I'm really thinking.

"Katniss?" He sobs, trying to get me to bring my head up.

"I'm really sorry." He says rubbing my shoulder, trying to get me up.

I can hear his heart monitor racing and I know that I need to let him know that I'm not mad at him so that he doesn't have a heart attack or something.

I bring my head up and see how scared he is.

"Katniss? Please forgive me?" Peeta begs.

I take his hand again, wiping my tears with my sleeve, "I'm not mad at you." I say numbly.

I'm just in shock.

This was the last thing I had expected to happen to him-and no body said it was so bad he have to have it amputated.

"I know you're scared Katniss but I promise that I'm the same old Peeta." He assures me.

I nod my head, "I know you are."

"I know you're afraid but please don't be afraid of me. I know I'm some kind of freak now but please?"

I shake my head, "I'm sorry, it's just a lot to take in. And you're still my Peeta, I know that." I say, trying to show him that I'm not scared, even though I'm terrified.

How are we going to adjust to this? Especially having a 6 year old and a newborn to care for soon. I can't take care of Peeta too, not in the way he's going to need.

Besides that I'm afraid he's gonna notice my discomfort towards it-I know I'm going to be uncomfortable with it for awhile at least.

And I'm afraid that Willow is going to be scared or Carter or Finn?

"Also, I'm getting a fake one, so you don't have to worry. I had this all figured out before you got here so you didn't have to." Peeta says kind of harshly.

I nod my head, sniffling.

"Who else knows?" I ask him, wondering if this was a secret kept from only me.

"Just you." He mumbles.

I wipe away a stray tear and he gives me a look, "Listen to me, please?"