Chapter Fifty-Six

Katniss POV- (The next Monday, 5am)

"Katniss, stop crying, please? If you cry when you drop Willow off she's going to cry too." Peeta tells me, frowning.

I walk into his arms and start crying more.

"I just can't believe she's already going to school." I say sobbing into his shirt.

Peeta is laughing at me but he's tearing up too and I know he's upset that she's already going into school but really hasn't admitted it.

"It'll be alright, baby. I promise." He says rubbing my back.

"Are you going to come with me to take her? I have to have her at school by 8."

He nods, "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Meet me at the bakery at 7:45 and I'll go over there with you."

I nod my head.

"And her teacher is your best friend, Katniss. You have nothing to worry about, I think it'll be perfect." Peeta says confidently.

"I know I'm just nervous." I say.

He chuckles and presses a kiss to my forehead and wipes some of my tears away.

"And after we drop her off you can come home and get some time to yourself or you can come with me to the bakery if you want." Peeta says.

I nod my head and he presses a quick kiss to my lips, "It'll be just fine. I will see you in a bit, I love you." He says.

I nod, "I love you too." I say and he leaves.

I go in the living room and sit down. I don't need to wake Willow up for at least another two hours. So I cry until about 7am when I realize I need to wake her up so we won't be late.

I open up her bedroom door and see her fast asleep in her bed, her lamb tight in her grip. I glance at the orange walls and the white trees Peeta painted on them, over five years ago. It flashes me back to the late nights and early mornings with her. From when she was a baby.

I can't believe how fast she's grown.

I hesitate, not really wanting to wake her up. I know she's going to be absolutely exhausted the first few weeks at least.

"Willow, wake up, baby. It's your first day of big school." I say in the most cheerful voice I can conjure up.

I sit on the edge of her bed and rub her arm until she opens her tired eyes. She lets out a huge yawn and sits up.

Her hair is matted to her head and all wild and sticking up and I can't help but to laugh at her.

"What?" Willow asks me.

I chuckle, "Your hair is crazy! We are gonna go have to give you another bath real quick." I say.

She groans, "I tooked one last night."

"I know you did but now your hair is all crazy and I can't fix it with it being crazy." I say and she sighs.

I give her a quick bath and fix her hair and put a bow on her head too and then I get her dressed.

We go back downstairs with about 30 minutes left until we need to meet Peeta so we make sure we have all her school stuff ready.

"I love my back pack." Willow says admiring her bright purple backpack.

I smile, "I think it's beautiful. I bet Bristol is gonna love it too. That's her favorite color."

"Really? Oh, and do I have to call her Mrs. Whatever her other name is or can I still call her Bristle?" Willow asks me.