Chapter Fifteen

Peeta POV- (Two weeks later, 11am)

"You look lovely this morning." I walk into the kitchen and find Katniss sitting there at the kitchen table.

I just got Willow to sleep after hours and hours of trying but we were all three up most of the night.

I think we all might have gotten an hour of sleep at most.

"Don't." She groans, rolling her eyes.

I wrap my arms around her shoulders from behind and press a kiss to her cheek, "I'm being serious. I'm not being a smart ass, I promise. With all things considered, I think you look nice."

"Well, I know we haven't been getting much sleep lately but last night was pretty ridiculous." She sighs.

I frown, "I agree but she can't help it. Whatever it was."

Katniss frowns, "I don't know but it broke my heart."

"Well, whatever it was had her upset."

Katniss sighs, "Poor baby. I just hope she doesn't get worse or we are taking her to the doctor."

"Hopefully it was just an upset tummy or something minor. You can go back to bed if you want to. I'll tend to her if she wakes up again." I offer.

"No." She shakes her head.

I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, kissing her temple and start cooking breakfast.

The doorbell rings and Katniss makes a face.

Of course someone is here and is ringing the doorbell of all things after the night we've had.

Katniss jumps up.

"I'll get it." I say to Katniss, who is still in her bra and panties.

She groans as she realizes.

I take off my shirt and hang it to her as she sits back down in her chair and throws it over her head.

Whoever it is better hope they didn't wake Willow up or they're going to be the one to get her back to sleep.

I walk over and open the front door to two people I haven't seen in a very long time.

Haymitch Abernathy and Effie Trinket.

"Put a shirt on, boy." Haymitch laughs as Effie avoids my eyes.

I freeze.

"Uh, hey. Hi, come on in." I say awkwardly, stepping back as they come in.

"Hello, Peeta." Effie taps my shoulder as if she's afraid to touch my bare body.

I can't help but to smile to myself as I hold back laughter.

Effie is mortified.

"Have a seat." I say, gesturing to the couches.

Effie prissily walks over to the couch and sits down.

Haymitch goes over and plops down next to her.

"Where is Katniss?" Effie asks about the time she calls from the kitchen.

"Peeta!" Katniss hollers impatiently.

Right before I can speak, Katniss cuts me off, "That would be her in the kitchen." I say and shake my head, mustering a laugh.

Could this morning get any worse?

"Oh! I'll just go in and surprise her!" Effie stands up excitedly and starts in towards the kitchen.