Chapter Seventy-Six

Katniss POV- (A few days later, Friday)

"Well, I am releasing you. You seem to be doing a lot better than you were a few days ago and definitely better than yesterday." The doctor comes in and finally gives me the news I've been waiting for, for over three days.

"Finally." I groan, looking over at Peeta.

Peeta smiles a little at me, I know he's excited.

"Mr. Mellark, please follow me to sign some release forms. Katniss, I will be sending a nurse in to do a last check over your vitals, the baby and to unhook you from all your wires." He says bored.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." Peeta tells me.

I nod and he follows the doctor.

A nurse comes in and swipes a thermometer over my forehead and wraps a blood-pressure cuff over my arm and it squeezes my arm tightly and then releases it.

I glance up at the heart monitor and see the baby's heartbeat is at 165, back to it's more normal looking number.

"You're still running a slight fever but your blood pressure is good and you seem to be doing a lot better than you were."

"I feel a lot better."

"By the looks of your baby's heart rate, it seems to be doing good too." She says.

I smile a little, then it fades as she carefully pulls the little belt from my stomach and clicks the machine off.

"I am so ready to get home." I mumble, more to nobody than to anyone.

"I bet. That little girl of yours is cute." The nurse who I think is named Katherine smiles.

I smile, "Thank you. You were the nurse who let her in a few days ago, weren't you?"

She nods, "Yes. She's doing okay? Not sick?"

I shake my head, "As far as I know she's okay."

"Good. I've been worried about her since I let her in here. It's against our policy because she's so susceptible to viruses like that and could easily catch it but I knew you needed to see each other."

"We did. Thank you. It made me feel a lot better seeing her and from what I've heard it helped her too."

She smiles, "Do you know what this baby is?" She asks, taking IVs out of my arms.

"No. Not yet. I'm only three months so probably by next month or the next." I tell her with a shrug.

"That will be exciting." She smiles.

Afterwards she helps me sit up completely and my feet hang off the bed.

"Are you dizzy?"

"Not too bad. I haven't puked since this morning so hopefully I won't-if so I'm sorry." 

She laughs a little bit.

"Let's get this ugly gown off of you and get you into some more modern clothes." She jokes.

I smile.

She helps me slip the gown off and hands me clothes that I quickly slip on.

"You do have a little bump. You can't see it with all of that stuff around it."

I laugh a little and look down at my still very small stomach, there's just a very slight bump, barely noticeable.

"I think this baby is going to be small. With my daughter I was showing a lot by 4 months. I can barely tell with this one."