Chapter Forty-Six

Peeta POV-

I swear Katniss is the best mother ever.  

I couldn't have picked anyone better to be with or to have my child with.

She's everything my mother could never have been and I admire her so much for that.

And to see how much she wants to have another baby, makes me so so happy. She has no idea how happy it makes me.

We didn't even have to fuss about it, besides the little spill with Willow but besides that, we've agreed completely on it

And I think that when she actually gets pregnant and we are able to tell Willow, that she will be ecstatic.

She's just like her mother when it comes to babies or even other kids. She's motherly and protective towards them and it makes me proud to see that in such a small child, especially my own.

I'm just so anxious for Katniss to be pregnant again.

For her to have an adorable baby bump again and to have these weird cravings again and to see how much Willow loves it too. And at the end of it all, we get another little life to bless our family with.

I just can't wait.

"Peeta?" Katniss calls from the living room.

I rush in there, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just want you to come in here with us." She says.

My heart settles and I laugh a little and sigh a relief, "Okay." I say.

I walk over and sit down next to her, she lays her head on my shoulder and I lay mine on top of hers.

"You smell good." She giggles tiredly.

"Thanks." I laugh a little. 

(A few hours later)

"Hi, Finnick. Yeah, they're sleeping." She says.

I listen for a minute.

"Okay, um, I don't think my Daddy would like that very much. Or my Momma." Willow giggles.

I open an eye and wonder what the heck is going on.

"No. He's not my boyfriend!" Willow says into the phone frustratedly.

I sit up and see her across the room, talking on Katniss's cell phone.

I rush over, "Willow, is that Finnick?" I ask her.

She looks up, "Yeah and tell him Finn isn't my boyfriend because you said so." She says handing me the phone.

(On the phone with Finnick)

"Finnick, quit telling my child that Finn is her boyfriend." I say into the phone.

He laughs and I do too.

"Peetie, your daughter sounds exactly like her mother when she talks to me."

I laugh and pick Willow up and go into the kitchen with her, hopefully not disturbing Katniss.

"Yeah, I know. She's just like her." I laugh.

Finnick chuckles, "I wanted to see if you guys wanted to have dinner tonight?"

"Yeah, I'll have to ask Katniss. I'm sure she would love to but I'll have to see, but count on it." I say.

"Great. Johanna is coming too."

"Johanna? Why?"

He chuckles, "Thresh and her broke up so she's pissed off and yeah."

"They broke up?" I ask, actually feeling bad for them both, even though they've never been the lovey-dovey type of couple, I think like really liked each other.