Chapter Fifty-Nine

Katniss POV- (The next week, Katniss's first doctor's appointment)

"Well, you're definitely pregnant. Congratulations." Doctor Coles says.

Willow looks at me and smiles widely and so does Peeta.

"I looked at your paper work and I am putting you due for August 30th. Maybe a little later since you're not exactly sure when you conceived but I'm going to guess about then." Dr. Coles says smiling.

I gasp and look at Peeta, "That is about 20 days away from your birthday. Maybe the baby will be late and be born on your birthday." I say in high hopes.

He smiles, "Maybe so. That would be awesome but if not, I'll be glad to have an early birthday present." Peeta smiles and kisses my forehead.

"It could very well happen but as small as you are going to be pretty big, especially if you were to go 20 days longer so don't count on it. As long as you have a healthy pregnancy all the way through and the baby doesn't get too big like Willow over here did, then if it works out that way, I will let it if it's healthy for you both." Dr. Coles says.

Peeta and I nod our heads.

I think Peeta would be even more ecstatic for it to be born on his birthday but I am not so sure if I want to carry the baby any longer than I have to.

"Can we see the baby yet? Because I really want to see the baby." Willow complains.

She's probably getting bored out of her mind.

We've been here for at least an hour and a half talking and discussing everything about the happenings since April, which I don't see why it really mattered since I'm pregnant now. And she went over things I need to do in order to assure I have a completely healthy pregnancy and both Peeta and I's medical history.

Not too fun for a five year old who's been in school all day. But she has been good, she's just been sitting here, anxiously waiting and so have I.

"Sure, Willow. Here, let's take a look." Dr. Coles tells her.

She grabs her ultrasound machine and brings it over to where I'm sitting. She hands Peeta some gel and I lift my shirt  and he gently squirts the gel on my belly and Dr. Coles rubs the probe around, finding a picture on the screen.

We all look up at it.

I feel tears spring in my eyes, even though there's not too much to see yet, there's defiantly a baby in there.

Willow looks at it, completely puzzled.

"There's the baby, Willow." Peeta tells her and she cocks her head looking at it from different angles.

Then looks at Peeta and makes a face, "That don't look like a baby, Daddy." Willow says bluntly, shaking her head, looking kind of disappointed.

I take another look and so does he.

Tears stream down his cheeks and mine too.

"That's because it's still really little. When it gets bigger it'll have more of a shape. Do you know about how big that baby is?" Dr. Coles asks Willow.

She shrugs, "I don't know. Like the size of my little finger?" Willow asks, holding her pinky out.

Doctor Coles laughs, "Not quite. The baby is actually about the size of a blueberry right now which is a lot smaller than your little finger."

Willow looks at me and Peeta and makes a face, "What? Really?"

Dr. Coles nods.

"Oh, that is so little." Willow says in awe.