Chapter Seventy-Two

Katniss POV- (That night)

"Pizza!!!!" Willow screeches excitedly as Peeta announced it's time to go make dinner.

"Willow, chill." I laugh, my eardrums faintly ringing now.

"Sorry, Momma." She giggles and we all go to the kitchen. I put Carson in the high chair and let her color on some paper while Willow and Carter wash their hands.

Peeta gets out all the ingredients and I go over to him.

He wraps his arm around my shoulders as I come over and he pulls me closer to him.

"I love you." He mumbles and kisses my forehead.

I smile and wrap my arms around his torso, "I love you too."

Peeta smiles down at me and I peck his lips.

"Ew." Willow says as she comes over, slinging her wet hands around at us.

"Stop." I laugh as she shakes her little hands in my direction and gets little pellets of water all over me.

I scoop her up and start tickling her, Peeta gives me a look.

I put her down after a second realizing while there's nothing wrong with playing with my daughter, being rough like that and picking her up could hurt the baby.

I mumble, 'Sorry' to him and he lets out a relieved sigh.

"Katniss, will you put the oven on?" Peeta asks me as Carter and Willow go around to the other side of the island and sit on the barstools.

"Cat! Cat!" Carson squeals as Buttercup makes his way through the kitchen to see what we are making for dinner.

I bend down and pick him up, he mews.

"Hi, you ugly cat." I say patting his head and rubbing his ears.

Peeta laughs and Willow scoffs, "Him is not ugly!!" She says.

"I'm sorry, Buttercup. You're not ugly, you're hideous." I say sarcastically and put him down.

Willow puts her hands on her hips, "You're a brat, Mommy."

"That's where you get it from, baby." Peeta tells her.

"Daddy..." Willow says frowning.

He laughs, "I'm kidding, Princess. You get it from me." He says.

I laugh a little and he gathers up bowls and other utensils.

"Did you know before Mommy and I started dating, we were gonna go to a sleepover at Finnick's house and we had to get pizza but the place downtown was closed so I took Mommy to the store and got pizza stuff like this. We went to my parent's bakery and made everyone pizza." He tells Willow.

"You remember that?" He asks me.

"Probably one of my favorite memories we have." I tell him truthfully.

That was probably the exact moment in time I realized I liked him as more than a friend.

He smiles shyly, "Mine too."

"We almost kissed that night too." I remind him.

His smile fades.

"Why didn't you guys kiss?" Carter asks.

"Because we didn't know we liked each other then." I shrug my shoulders.

"I knew I liked you." Peeta says.

"And that's the night it hit me in the face I felt the same way about you." I tell him truthfully.

He smiles and Carter awes.