Chapter Forty-One

Katniss POV- (Four years later, Katniss & Peeta's sixth wedding anniversary.)

"I can't believe that we've been together for over ten years and married six." Peeta mumbles into my ear, a smiling across his face no doubt. He pulls me closer to his chest as it just hit midnight, April 18, 2019.

I take a deep breath, "Goodness." I mumble, "Neither can I." I say truthfully.

It's all going by way too quickly for my liking.

Peeta turned 27 years old this past September and I'll be 27 in a month. We're nearly middle aged and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

(FYI THE DATES/AGES IN THIS BOOK ARE FUCKED UP BUT ILL FIX THEM EVENTUALLY. JUST GO WITH IT)

Willow is already 5 years old and will be starting kindergarten this next August.

I can't believe how fast she's grown.

It doesn't seem possible for it to have been more than five years ago we were anxiously waiting for her arrival.

And thankfully, things have been perfect lately.

Peeta's bakery is once again the best in town and I'm so proud of him for how successful it is.

Things couldn't be greater here in Twelve.

"Katniss?" Peeta asks, pulling me from my thoughts when he says my name.

I blink my eyes rapidly and they come into a focus in the darkness, on the bedroom door

"Yeah?" I ask him.

Peeta chuckles a little, "I asked you if you were happy the way things have turned out so far. You know, between you and I." Peeta asks.

I flip onto my stomach and look him straight in the eyes.

"Of course I'm happy, Peeta. Are you?" I ask him.

"Yes." He tries to state simply and pulls my face to his lips and kisses my forehead. But he's giving me an all too familiar look.

I pull away and he just smiles softly at me, pushing my hair out of my eyes.

"What are you going to ask me? Because I know that face..." I ask him, sitting up. He sits up too and we sit on our bed, face to face.

He takes my hands in his, I stare across at him in the darkness.

Peeta looks me dead in the eyes and I already know where this is heading, even though he hasn't asked me this question in well over 2 years.

"Katniss, I'm just gonna come out and ask you. I'm not gonna name reasons or anything I'm just going to ask." He starts nervously.

I nod my head, confirming that I know exactly what he's going to ask.

"Katniss, can we start discussing having another baby?" Peeta asks me soft whisper, with so much hope in his expression and voice.

I bite my lip.

"Can you give me a few days to think about it?" I ask him quietly.

"Sure. Yeah, of course." He says nodding and then he embraces me tightly.

I bask in his warmth and he kisses my cheek, "Take all the time you need."

"Are you asking me because we are getting older or is it just because Willow is almost in school and we won't know what to do when she's not with us all day?"

Peeta frowns.

"I've wanted it for awhile, badly since we took apart her crib and boxed up her baby things. I think you know that. But I guess apart of it's because we are getting older, I won't lie. And Willow is already five and I think if we had one more family member, our family would be complete." He says.