Chapter Ninety-Two

Katniss POV- (March 29th)

(On the phone with Bristol)

"Katniss?"

"Hey. What's up?" I say.

I hear her take a deep breath.

"Brandon is dead." She breathes out.

My stomach sinks, "What?"

"Brandon, he died. He was killed a few days ago." She says and she's crying.

I hold my breath. 

"I am so sorry, Bristol." I say, not having any idea what to say or to think or feel.

"What do I do?" Bristol asks me, sobbing.

I swallow hard, "I don't know."

I hear her crying in the background and I hold back my own tears.

"Should I tell Carter or should I keep it from her?" She asks me frantically.

I frown, "I don't know, it's up to you. We can do whatever you need us to do though."

"I don't know how to tell Blake because I know he's not going to understand why I'm so upset."

"I'm sure he will understand, Bristol."

She sobs, "I don't know what to do."

I take a deep breath.

"I am afraid Willow will see me crying. She is at lunch right now but I know she will ask me what is wrong and I don't want to tell her anymore than I want to tell Carter."

"You don't have to tell Willow anything. She will just be worried about you but that doesn't matter. But do you want Carter to know?"

"I don't know. I think if I don't tell her she's going to be upset but if I do tell her then she's going to be even more upset." She cries.

I sigh, "Just take a deep breath and try to calm down, try not to let Willow see you're upset so she doesn't tell Carter anything. Talk it over with Blake and let me know what you both decide."

"I'm scared he's going to mad at me for being upset."

"He shouldn't be mad at you and if he gets mad at you that's really really shitty of him." I say truthfully.

"But you know he hates when I talk about Brandon."

"I am sure it's only because he knows how he treated you and Carter."

"I'm sure it's that too but he's not going to understand why I am so upset."

"He was your best friend and your husband at one time and you have a child together, it's okay to be upset."

"I know." She cries.

I frown, "How about I have Peeta pick up Carter and Willow and take them to do something? Then you could come over and we could talk or you could go home and talk to Blake."

Bristol sighs, "Can I come talk to you?" She asks me helplessly.

"Of course you can."

I hear her breathe in shakily.

"I will have Peeta pick Carter and Willow up right after school and take them somewhere and as soon as you get off come over to the house." I say softly.

"Okay."

I sigh, "I am so sorry, Bristol."

"It's okay."