Chapter Thirty-Three

Katniss POV- (About 7pm that night)

"Katniss! Dinner is ready!" Peeta calls from the kitchen. Willow comes fumbling in a second later, running so fast that she nearly falls over.

"Mom!" She screeches loudly and rams into my knees.

I laugh, "I'm coming! I'm coming!" I say and stand up, she reaches up taking my hand in hers.

"Let's go!" I say and run into the kitchen, Willow giggling her raspy little giggle.

I put her in her high chair and she starts banging her hands on the table and screeching.

I laugh and shake my head at her, so does Peeta.

"I swear." I laugh and tip toe up to kiss Peeta's cheek, he turns his head about that time, his lips meeting mine.

I smirk in the kiss and so does he, "You're a brat." I say laughing.

"Bwat!" Willow squeals and laughs hysterically.

I turn around and so does Peeta, we both burst into laughter.

"See." Peeta says.

"Okay, I guess she learned that word from me but at least it isn't bad!" I laugh.

He chuckles, "Here." He says shoving a plateful of food into my hands.

I go and sit down at the table and Willow starts banging her hands on it again, "Food!" She says slamming her fists into the table, getting way out of control.

"Willow, stop that." I say and she does it again.

I give her a stink eye, "I told you to stop it." I say sternly.

I think she stops but then she gets this shit-eating grin on her face and does it again.

I stand up, "I'm gonna spank you." I say and she does it again so I go to take her out of the high chair but Peeta stops me before I can do anything.

I put the tray back on and he puts her food on it.

"Willow, Mommy told you to stop." He says and she groans at him.

I roll my eyes and start eating, Peeta sits down a minute later.

"I'm not against spanking her when she's bad but I don't really want to see it or do it." Peeta mumbles to me.

I sigh, "I know, I'm sorry." I shrug.

He's never felt comfortable with the idea of me spanking her but I was spanked, not beaten and I guess I'm alright. Peeta on the other hand was a perfect kid and was beaten, so I can see why he's eery about it so I try not to in front of him. But honestly, I think it hurts me more than it hurts her.

"It's fine. I know you wouldn't go overboard, so that's why I let you." He mumbles, taking a bite of food.

"I know it's not your fault but since you went back to work, she has so many tantrums. Like before it wasn't anything and now she's throwing fits for everything."

Peeta frowns, "I'm sorry, Katniss. I know I'm not around much anymore but I have to work. Maybe she will grow out of them."

"I hope so, because she usually listens to me but lately when she's in a mood, she just acts like that or worse. And she knows what she's doing and what is considered good and bad. She is little but she knows."

Peeta sighs and looks at Willow, she glances up at him.

"Willow, you know that you have to be nice to Mommy." He tells her.