Chapter Seven

Katniss POV-

"Finn should be walking soon. He's walked holding Finnick's hands a few times." Annie says.

I smile, "That's great. He will be walking all over the place soon, I'm sure."

She smiles, "I'm sure. He's already into everything."

I laugh, "Yes, he loves to explore."

"Yes, he does. He pulled a lamp off the table the other day and broke it."

"Oh no! Finn, are you gonna be destructive like your dad?" I ask.

I am not sure how many things he broke in this house when we were younger and in his own house or at school.

"I think he is going to be." Annie sighs.

I laugh a little and shake my head.

I just love Finn.

"She has gotten some more hair it looks like." Annie says, looking at the back of Willow's head.

I chuckle, "I think it's just a little fluffier than it was when she was first born."

I kiss Willow's little chubby cheek and she turns her face to mine and rests her forehead on my chin.

"She's so little and sweet." Annie says with a laugh, her hand over her heart.

Peeta comes in about that time and Finnick follows.

"What's she doing?" Peeta laughs and sits down next to me.

Finnick sits next to Annie and Finn crawls into his lap and slaps at him.

I laugh, "I'm not quite sure. Is she awake?" I ask.

"Nope. I am pretty sure she fell asleep." Peeta laughs.

"Aw, you can tell she definitely loves her mommy." Annie squeals.

Peeta kisses the top of my head.

Finnick groans, "Ow, Finn. Don't hit me." He scolds Finn as he slaps Finnick repeatedly in the face.

"I'm tempted to say 'good job' but I won't for Annie's sake." I tease.

"You're a horrible person." Finnick rolls his eyes.

"I know." I laugh.

Peeta smiles, "Do you want me to go put her in her room or do you want to hold her all night?"

"I want to hold her." I say truthfully.

We are trying not to just sit around and hold her all the time but sometimes, I just want to so I may as well do it tonight.

Peeta smiles, "I figured."

"Katniss, you can't do that." Finnick teases me.

I roll my eyes, "I can do what I want." I shoot back, even though I know he's joking around with me.

"Grrr." He says.

I laugh a little.

"You're a shit head." I tell Finnick.

"I know." He says, blowing me a kiss.

I carefully move Willow's tiny body down, careful with her head and she lays sprawled across my chest.

She snuggles up to me and Peeta wraps her little baby blanket around her and tucks her into me.

"She is such a little snuggle bug." Peeta says with a laugh.

"That's all Finn wanted to do for months and months after he was born." Finnick says.

I remember he loved to be held and warm when he was a newborn.