Chapter Four

Katniss POV- (A few hours later)

"Katniss, get off me, sweetheart. Willow is crying." Peeta says, trying to sit up, ultimately failing.

I open my heavy eyes and hear her wailing.

I climb off Peeta as he sits up and quickly rushes up the stairs.

I sit there half asleep.

He comes back down a few minutes later with her in his arms, she has her pacifier in her mouth and her fists are balled up.

"Do you want me to feed her? You said there was milk in the fridge, didn't you?"

I nod my head, "Yeah, I'll go get it." I say, standing up and walking past him into the kitchen.

I get the milk out of the fridge and measure enough out for her a bottle and I warm it up.

I go back a few minutes later to Peeta talking to a semi-content Willow on the couch.

"There's Momma." Peeta says to her as I sit down next to him, handing him a bottle.

"Hopefully she will drink it from the bottle since she's never had one before." I say to him.

"She takes her pacifier fine. So, maybe she will take this too, especially since there is food." Peeta shrugs.

He cradles her in his arms and I wrap a blanket around them, securing her. Thankfully, Peeta pops in the bottle in her mouth without a fight.

"At least she's taking it." He says, looking up at me and back down at her.

I lay my head on his shoulder and look down at her.

She's staring at us.

I smile a little at her.

She's so oblivious to all that's happened before and just since she's been alive.

She's so innocent and pure and she is just perfect.

"Slow down." Peeta laughs as he sees she's nearly choked down the whole 3 ounces in just a few minutes.

"She's definitely your daughter." Peeta teases me.

He always teases me about my eating and gulping down of food but I don't mind it. It's more of an inside joke than anything and that's fine. I laugh a little and nod my head. 

"And....she's done!" Peeta cheers, taking the bottle from her lips.

"Let me burp her." I say eagerly, holding my arms out.

Peeta hands her to me and I lay her head on my shoulder and start gently patting her back.

She burps better for Peeta but I have to at least try.

After five minutes and nothing, I hand her back to Peeta.

"Daddy is better at getting a burp out of you than I am." I sigh and hand her back to Peeta.

He smiles and puts her the same way I had her and pats her back, she lets out a huge burp in a matter of seconds.

"Really?" I ask with a laugh.

Peeta smiles, "Gotta have that magic touch, I guess."

I laugh, "Really, Willow?" I say, rubbing her back gently.

Peeta grins widely.

"And I also think it's time for a diaper change, Momma." He says.

"How about a bath too? Maybe she won't be as ticked if we get her now?" I suggest.