Chapter Eighty-Two

Katniss POV- (That night, about midnight)

"Peeta, are you still awake?" I snap annoyed with him.

He's been tossing and turning for hours and I've been awake with my legs, feet and back aching and the baby tumbling inside me. He's kind of on my last nerve.

He stops moving, "Yeah."

"What's wrong?" I ask him turning flat on my back and looking at him.

He turns his head towards me, "I can't sleep."

I sigh, "Neither can I."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not because of you."

"What is wrong then?"

I sigh, "The baby. It's kicking and my back and legs and feet hurt." I complain.

Peeta sits up, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, are you?" I ask him with a shrug.

"I'm alright. Do you need me to touch your belly so that the baby quits moving?" He says with a laugh.

I manage a laugh too, "No, but since you're awake you could rub my feet and my back, that would be helpful." I tease him.

"I would love to." Peeta says seriously.

I snort, "I was kidding. You need to go to sleep." I say playfully pushing him back down onto the bed.

"I wasn't kidding. Get as comfortable as you can and I will give you a massage." He says wiggling his eyebrows up and down in the dark.

I roll my eyes, "You're such a creep." I tease him.

He rubs his hands together and gives me a smirk.

"We've been married seven years and I'm still not 100% sure that you're a pervert or serial killer." I joke.

He shakes his head, "I'm not!!"

I laugh, "I know but I still like to be mean to you. Especially now because you were really annoying me with your tossing and turning."

"I would've been able to sleep but you went to bed without me."

"Because I didn't feel good and I was so tired from today."

"I know." Peeta says.

He scoots down towards the end of the bed and picks up my feet.

"Your feet are freezing." He tells me as his warm hands touch my cold toes, he wraps his hands around my feet, warming them completely.

I roll my eyes, "You have the house like 50 degrees in here." I tease him.

"I do not. It's more like 68 degrees but It was hot with all those people in here earlier."

I sigh as he starts rubbing my feet gently, actually making them feel a little better within a few seconds.

He stops for a second and gets a grin on his face. Then I feel the tips of his fingers softly run up and down the bottom of my feet, involuntarily I let out a gasp and nearly kick him in the face, "Peeta!! Stop!" I say.

Peeta laughs and kick my feet at him now purposefully.

He let's go and I giggle, "You're so weird, stop that." I laugh.

Peeta smiles widely, "Do you love me?"

"I do but you're still weird." I chuckle.

He scoots back over to me and leans down, pressing his lips passionately to my own.