Chapter Five

Katniss POV- (February 11th)

"Good morning, Mommy." Peeta says, laying Willow next to me and crawling back into bed behind me.

I let out a yawn and smile as I see her.

"Good morning." I smile tiredly.

I lean back a bit and Peeta pecks my lips and Willow stares up at me with wide eyes.

"Willow is a week old today." Peeta mentions proudly.

I yawn and then smile to myself, "We made it through our first week of parenthood."

"If we can handle a newborn, we can handle anything." He jokes.

"It's only been a week and we are zombies."

"Finn is gonna come meet you today, Willow." Peeta says, ignoring my comment.

"What time are they coming?" I ask.

"Not until tonight. It's only nine."

I nod my head.

"I let her play on her tummy some. She didn't get too awful mad." Peeta says.

I smirk, "I suppose not or else I would've heard her holler."

"Did you play with Daddy this morning?" I ask Willow, getting her attention.

"How long has she been awake?" I ask.

"Since about seven."

"Tonight if you want, I can stay up with her." I tell him.

"I'm fine. I like getting that extra time with her and you've been getting some good sleep lately, I can tell." Peeta says.

I sigh, "You've been doing such a good job getting up with her though. Let me at least give you a few nights for a break?"

"I'll think about it. However, it's not like we are staying up all night, it's just for about thirty minutes every few hours and we sleep a lot during the day. You didn't sleep good most of your pregnancy. Rest all you can. I swear I don't mind it."

"Okay, but if it gets too bad you tell me." I say sternly.

"I'm really okay." He assures me.

I glance at Willow and see seems to be the exhausted one.

I chuckle, gently scooping her up and laying her on my chest.

She is out in a matter of seconds, letting out a little yawn before exhaustion from playtime takes over.

Peeta smiles and leans over, pressing a kiss to her forehead and then to my temple.

I wrap my arms gently around my little love and lean my head on his shoulder and he rubs my arm.

These moments are my favorite part of the day.

The silence and cuddling makes me feel complete, like a true family.

"She's just so perfect." He says quietly.

I smile softly and bring my head up, "I know. I still can't believe we made her."

"We're finally a family. I still can hardly believe it sometimes."

I my head to look into his bright blue eyes that match my daughter's perfectly.

"I'm so glad Willow looks like you."

Peeta scoffs, "I think she's starting to look more like you though."

"How's that?"

"Well, I still don't know her that well but she definitely has your hair."

"Okay..." I say laughing.