Chapter 2

Sabrina's POV:

I got to the studio and parked in my personal parking spot next to Corey's and Peyton's. Rowan's only 14 so she doesn't drive yet.
I walk onto the set and Rowan screams from across the room,
"BRINA!"

I yell back,
"ROW!"

I laugh and go up to her and greet her with a hug.
This hug felt like the warmest and most special embrace. The smell of her recently washed, soft, hair and light perfume filled my nose.
I couldn't help but smile.
What am I saying? It's still early maybe I'm just not fully functional yet.
I lessened my hold, but I felt hers get stronger. She whispered,
"It's him. Don't let go just yet."

I slightly nodded and held her tightly.
Then I heard an all too familiar voice in the distance,
"Michael, is Rowan here?"

Jake Short.
Jake Short and Rowan used to go out until he dumped her for 'media issues.'
It was total bullshit and it broke her heart. I'm not gonna let him do that to her again if it's the last thing I do.
Why am I getting so protective?
Michael, our producer, responds,
"Jake you can't be here we have rehearsals in a minute."

He whines,
"Please. I made a mista-"

Michael says,
"Leave Jake."

He hangs his head and walks out the doors.
Rowan stays in the hug and I whisper, "Hey, he's gone."

She pulls away giggling and says,
"Sorry."

It's okay I loved it, I thought.
Michael yells to everyone,
"OKAY PEOPLE LETS START UP THIS DAY!"

Skip to 4pm

"Okay great day everyone see you all tomorrow for the last rehearsal this week!"

I go into my dressing room next to Rowan's and change out of 'Maya's' clothes. I like playing Maya. She's sarcastic and funny, but there's just so much more to her that we uncover every episode.
I step out of my dressing room and swing my keys on my finger. Rowan comes up to me and says excitedly,
"Wanna sleepover tonight?"

I say happily,
"Um sure! I'll drive us."

She smiles and follows me out to my car.
She turns on the radio and it comes on blasting from the last time we drove together. She jumps back and we burst out laughing.
We continue to sing loudly along to the song and in 10 minutes we get to my apartment to grab the clothes I have to wear tomorrow.
She gets out and follows me to my room.
Everything we need is in our dressing room, except for my clothes. I KINDA brought home one of my outfits to wear to my signing this past weekend. So I have to sneak it back tomorrow like nothing happened, even though Rowan knew, too.

I follow Rowan outside, locking the door behind us.
I hop back in the front seat and wait for her to buckle up before I pull out the driveway.
Rowan yawns and I try to hold back my smile. It was the cutest, softest, little sound in the world.
I tease,
"Sleepy, huh?"

She laughs breathing out and says,
"Hey we've been acting all day. I feel dead."

I say,
"I know I know, I tease. I'm exhausted, too."

She jokes,
"You did good by the way Ms. Hart."

I say,
"Mmm thank you little Ms. Matthews you too."

After the short drive, we arrive at her house. Rowan was born and raised in LA so she still, obviously, lives with her family. She's lucky. My family's across the country.
We walk in and her little sister, Carmen, was the only one home and she was passed out on the couch. We giggle as we walk past and go into Rowan's room.
She plops down on her bed and pats next to her for me to sit there. I do so and she grabs her laptop from her pillow. She clicks on Netflix and asks,
"How does New Girl sound?"

Rowan and I always watch New Girl together. It's kinda our thing and I love it because she does so much.
I say with a smile,
"Perfect."

Just like you, I thought. I think.....
I think. I think I like my best friend.

She smiles and searches the TV show and clicks Play.
She lays her head back on the pillow with the laptop on her stomach. I lay down next to her and try to keep my eyes on the screen.
The way we're laying I'm a little further up than she is so when I look down I see her cute, petite face and perfectly shaped and waved hair. I just want to wrap my arms around her so bad.
I can hold back the temptation, it's just so hard.
I'm brought out of my thoughts when Rowan slowly inches closer to me. I can't help but smile at her warmth molding in my body.
She lays her head on my stomach like she always does.. As a friend.
We always do cute stuff like that. Like lean our heads on each other's shoulders, slightly cuddle, and barely kiss each other's cheeks for pictures.
I doubt she thinks anything of it, but now I do.

Rowan's POV:

Okay I'm just gonna say it.
Lately I've been feeling something.
Something different when I'm with Sabrina. How I used to feel when I was with Jake.
I silently scoff at his name. What a joke. Joke short.
Anyway, I'm sure it's nothing, right? I mean I think it's just because how comfortable I feel with her. Yeah, that's it.
I mean she's so gorgeous, but I say that as a friend.
Plus, I think she has a thing with Bradley.
Which is totally fine because it doesn't matter to me....

Laying next to her watching our favorite show to watch together I just want to cuddle with her.
That'd be weird and awkward because she doesn't feel the same way back.
Wait what am I saying? There's no 'way to feel' because I don't like her.
I can't like her.
I want to like her.
UGH I don't know what I'm feeling.

I inch closer to her and lay my head on her stomach.
We always do stuff like this so I'm safe.
I yawn again and hear her soft giggle.
God I love that sound.
I.. I.. I think I like her.
I feel her arm slowly move down and around me.
Smooth one, Carpenter.
She stutters,
"I- I'm-"

I cut her off,
"It's okay.. I was waiting for you to do that."

By this point I can't stop smiling like an idiot.
She says softly,
"Good."

Maybe she could feel the same way.
I yawn again and she laughs,
"Why don't you just go to sleep? You're obviously tired."

I say, "Good idea. Goodnight B."

She wraps her other arm around my waist and adjusts herself on the bed.
Almost immediately, I fall asleep with a smile on my face with New Girl still playing in the back.

I already have ideas for the next few chapters 😂🙊
If you like this book so far let me know so I can continue with it! Xoxo - Jackie ❤️