Chapter 21

Rowan's POV:

Soon Sabrina fell asleep cuddled up against me.
I'm not gonna lie: I'm damn offended she thought I would just cheat on her like that.
Is it because she thinks I'm a hoe?
Or is it because she just had nothing else to think?
Whatever I'm not gonna dwell on this because I know it'll only make things worse. Right now we're just gonna cross over this and try to forget about it.
I know she felt like an ass after I told her the story and honestly, I'm glad she did.
Because she sure acted like it.
But I can't stay mad at her. She's too cute when she's all pouty.

I go to kiss her head and I can't help but notice she smells like alcohol.
There's no question about it she must've been drinking... But when?
Did she leave last night?
Did she sleep walk? She does do that a lot.
I'm gonna have to ask her.

I'm broken out of my thoughts when the front door opens downstairs and I hear the rest of the family come in talking.
Since Sab's a light sleeper it woke her up with a bit of a jolt.
She breathes in deeply and I say,
"You fell asleep."

She says,
"No I didn't."

I laugh and say,
"Sweetie you were out like a light."

She side smiles and huffs knowing I'm right.
I say,
"So uh.. Sab.. We need to talk about something."

I see her eyes widen and she says nervously,
"Okay.. What about?"

I say right out,
"Why do you smell like alcohol. Did you leave last night? I told you the truth so it's your turn. Even though I told the truth for the sake of our relationship."

She says,
"I uh. Well. I guess I was sleep walking. I honestly don't know why. I don't remember anything except for falling asleep last night after you woke me up off the couch."

I say,
"Well jeez that's actually bad if you slept walked and drank? That's uh.. Kinda sketchy."

She says,
"I guess my brain knew something bad was gonna happen so I got stressed in my dream so I wanted to drink. I don't know."

Sabrina's POV:

Please don't ask why I lied to her because I don't know.
Now there's no turning back.
If I tell her I was lying she'll get really mad.
I can't do anything other than go along with it.

Okay I'll just say it..
This isn't the first lie I've told her.
I think I actually have a problem.
A lying problem.
I do too many stupid things so I have to lie.

Like the one time I went to a party with a bunch of Disney cast members and R5 and other bands and artists.
Well at that party I kinda got drunk and hoe'd around with some guys..
I apparently made out with Bradley, Peyton (Meyer), and got in bed with Ross.
Listen I'm not a bad person. I swear.
It's just if I drink too much, I'm gone.
Rowan only knows that sometimes I'll drink a few sips of Sarah's beer or something.
She doesn't expect me to like actually drink.
But hey,
I'm a 16 year old living in LA.
It's not my fault. This life chose me.
My family doesn't know about the parties either.
The only people that know are the people that went, and Rowan didn't go.
Good thing she didn't because we might not be where we are today.
I mean who knows, she might've saw me drunk and thought I was a slut and would've hated me. Or maybe she would start drinking too and we might've gotten in a bitch fight.

My point is, I lie too much. And I hate that I do it to Rowan.
But like I said, no going back now.

Short chapter but it's because I felt this would be a good ending. I'm not sure where else to take this. I think I'm gonna end this book at 25 chapters. I MIGHT make a second book I'm not sure yet. If I do it won't be out for a while after this one is finished. But this is all rumors right now🙊
Thanks for reading
Xoxo Jackie💜