Chapter 89

Rowans POV:

Today is Christmas and I'm so excited.

Last night, we flew out to Pennsylvania after spending the whole day at my family's for Christmas Eve.

Our flight was at 12am so we didn't get in till just now, 7am.

Sabrina unlocks the front door quietly and lets me go in first, following behind tip toeing with Sarah.

We shuffle into the living room and see everyone sitting on the couch.
When they heard our footsteps, they turn around and all greeted us loudly.
Sabrina groans out with a smile and says,
"I wanted to surprise you guys."

Her Uncle Tom says,
"Well the kids really wanted to open these presents from santa!"

We smile and mrs carpenter immediately comes around to hug Sabrina and Sarah tightly and says,
"I missed you girls SO much! I can't wait to hear all about tour."

Sabrina says,
"Of course, but later."

She turns to me and hugs me saying,
"Hi Rowan I missed you a lot sweetie!"

I hug her back and say,
"Yeah it's been a while! How's everything?"

She says,
"Oh you know the usual. Nothing new."

As we continue to greet everyone, we make our way to the couch and plop down with a sigh.
Sabrina says,
"I'm so dead right now."

I nod and sarah says,
"That flight was not good."

Sabrina's aunt Jen asks,
"How would you know the difference between a good and bad flight?"

Sab says,
"Well I guess if you've flown a lot you'd know. I don't know I guess it just goes by the people or the time of day honestly."

She asks,
"What time was the flight again?"

I say,
"12. We landed at around 6:30 ish."

Sabrina's dad says,
"Oh jeez so you guys must've rushed over here!"

Sabrina says,
"I don't know about them but I was and still am really tired so I wanted out of that airport."

We laugh and Sabrina's cousin Ariana says,
"I guess you're not used to a normal schedule yet huh?"

Sabrina says,
"Not at all. My hours are honestly everywhere."

Mrs carpenter says,
"Yeah you've all been traveling a lot. That's expected."

Sabrina lays her head on my shoulder and her little cousin tommy runs over and climbs on her lap. He hugs her and wraps his little arms around her neck and says,
"Hi Sabby I missed you I can't wait to play later!"

I involuntarily coo and feel my heart melt.
Sabrina is so good with kids and it warms my heart. They all adore her.
It makes me think of one day Sabrina and I get kids of our own

~~~

I come downstairs from taking a shower, getting dressed, and doing my makeup and call,
"Sab where are you?"

No answer.
She said she was gonna come up and take her shower an hour ago after she was done playing with tommy to tucker him out for his nap.

I walk down the steps and look into the living room and feel my heart fall apart.

I hold my hand to my chest and coo at the sight of Sabrina asleep on the chair with tommy sleeping on top of her with her hair in his hand and his other hand on her chest. Her arm wrapped around his little body.