Chapter 20

Sabrina's POV:

I woke up this morning feeling groggy to Ryan shaking me saying,
"Wake up. Wake up. Sabrina. Sab. Sab. Wake up."

I feel my head pound immediately when I open my eyes, which makes me groan really loud,
"Holy fuck."

He rubs my arm that I lift up to cover my eyes and says,
"I know I know it sucks. But your mom said for you to go home before Rowan wakes up. You need to talk to her."

I squint my eyes and say groggily,
"I need it to just be me and her when I tell her then. And yeah obviously it's gotta be right when she wakes up."

He says,
"Alright sassy. Just tell your mom you want a day alone with her I don't know. Or oh I got it. I'm gonna call her."

I give him an 'are you crazy?!' Look but I'm too tired and weak to stop him.
On the phone:
Ryan: hey Mrs. Carpenter Sabrina's coming home in a second and she was just saying you guys should all go out to breakfast this morning.
Mrs carpenter: with out the girls? I don't know Ryan sweetie they're finally home we don't wanna leave them
Ryan: she said they just want a little bit of alone and quiet time at the house so it's not all rowdy. Besides its Christmas Eve morning. They are home for about 2 weeks still.
Mrs carpenter: well I guess if that's what she wants then okay sounds great. Tell them well be back in 2 hours.
Ryan: cool she just said from the other room that she says okay bye and she loves you!

End of phone call.

I say smiling as I'm rubbing my face,
"That was genius. Okay I'm heading over. Wish me luck.."

My tone drops with that last sentence.
I get up and feel a lump in my throat and I try to swallow over it.
He throws me a water bottle and says,
"Please drink all of this you need water. And good luck babe. I'll walk you to the door."

And follows me downstairs.
He opens the door from behind me and I turn around and smile. I kiss his cheek and say,
"Thank you. Seriously. Thank you for helping me out."

He smiles back and says,
"Of course bud, it was no problem. Anything for my best friend."

I smile and wave and leave to head back over to my house.
I see everyone is leaving as I enter. They wave good bye and I do the same.
I check the time is 9:30 so Rowan should be asleep still.
I walk into my room and see that she is.

I'm not gonna lie.. I just feel plain awkward now.
I sit on the edge of the bed and put my head in my hands.
I hear stirring from behind me and Rowan say quietly,
"Babe?"

I breathe in deeply knowing that's the last time she'll be calling me that.
All I reply with is,
"Hm."

She puts her arms around my waist and it makes me stiffen up.
She says concerned,
"What's wrong?"

When she asks that it starts to just piss me off. How long did she think she was gonna keep this from me?
Did she think I'd never find out about her cheating and lying to me?"

I release from her grip and stand up quickly.
As I'm pacing around the room I say,
"Rowan. Look me in the eyes and tell me the truth."

I stop and face her. She looks at me worriedly and concerned.
I say,
"Would you ever lie to me?"

She stares right into my eyes with no hesitation and says,
"No."

I breathe out air I've been holding in through my mouth and bring my hands behind my head as I pace again.
She says,
"What's going on?"

I say angrily,
"Hey why don't you show me that video you posted of me on Twitter."

She raises her eyebrow and says confused,
"Uh okay."

I look over at her and watch her as she opens Twitter.
She goes to her profile, but on the side of her time line she sees the top trendings.
I see her already wide eyes widen even more as she presses on the first one that pertains to this whole situation.
She stutters,
"Sab you-think-I.. No. It's not- I didn't-"