Chapter 19

Sabrina's POV:

I woke up randomly in the middle of the night to constant vibrations from my phone on my nightstand.
I slowly get out of bed to check it.
I squint at my phones brightness all the way up.
I struggle to turn it down and when I do I see it's just the usual Twitter and Instagram notifications I always get flooding my mentions.
I usually don't wake up to it though.
I check my Twitter mentions and see I've been tagged in thousands of tweets saying:
Rowbrina I guess really isn't real..
I'm happy for Rowan but..
Sabrina what do you think about this
Wtf is going on
I thought they broke up
WhAT IS THIS
SABRINA DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS
I'm still rooting for rowbrina
Jowan is back!

When I look at the picture that's the top trending thing on Twitter I feel sick to my stomach.
It's a paparazzi picture they got of Rowan and Jake kissing. It was from this Friday..
It must've been when she went to go "apologize" to Jake or whatever bullshit she told me.
Is she really cheating on me or is this photoshopped?
I can't even think straight now everything is a blur.
Maybe dating her was a bad idea.
I thought I could trust her. I told her I love her. I poured everything on her.

I don't even know what to do with myself. I just want to forget all about things and get myself relaxed.
I then remember Sarah and Peyton bought a whole new case of beer.
I go downstairs into the kitchen and open the fridge and take out my first beer.
I go through my contacts and decide to get back in touch with my friend Ryan.
He's 4 years older than me so he's 20 and he lives right next door.
We for some reason got really close before I left and we haven't talked since.
He was always there for me though. Hopefully everything rekindles back again right away. I imagine we had that type of relationship together.
I decide to text him:

Sabrina: hey Ryan it's me. I know we haven't talked in forever but I'm home for 2 weeks and I just saw something on Twitter and I'm a mess idk what to do.
Ryan: damn hey b I missed you and shit okay come over let's talk.

I quietly open the front door and close it and walk next door with my already half empty beer in my hand.
I take another swallow and I go to knock on the door right when it opens.
I look up into his eyes that I'm not gonna lie I missed to much.
Damn he got way hotter than he was 2 years ago.
Hey she cheated on me so I can do the same.
No hard feelings right?
I'm just a mess.
Soon to be a drunk mess.
How am I gonna live with her for the next 2 weeks?
Do I tell her I know?
I can't.
Fuck why does this have to happen to me.
I knew it was all too good.
Ryan smiles at me and grabs my empty hand and leads me to his kitchen. We sit on the bar stools at his island and sits across from me and says with his sexy raspy voice,
"Alright. Spill it. What's wrong?"

I tell him the whole story about me and Rowan and then I showed him what I found on twitter.
He says,
"I think she's too in love with you to cheat. I think there's more to the story."

I take my last sip of my third beer and say slowly,
"I don't. I don't know. I'll just text her."

He grabs my phone from my hands and says,
"No no no. Drunk texting is NOT gonna help.
I'm drunk myself but I even know.. That's not good."

I run my fingers through my hair and sigh loudly.
He says,
"Does your mom know you're here?"

I raise an eyebrow and say,
"How would she know it's 3:30am."

He shakes his head and says,
"I'm gonna text her so when she wakes up and sees you're not there she knows you're here. I'm not letting you go back home tonight you're gonna spend the night with me."

I say,
"Then I'll be hung over when I get home."

He says waving his hand,
"Eh. Just say you went to bed late so you have an excuse to sleep in. You're fine. So anyway. What do you think you're gonna do?"

I trace the granite's pattern on his counter top with my finger and say nonchalant,
"Break up with her."

His eyes become the size of saucers and says dramatically,
"BREAK UP! BREAK UP? No no no. NO! That's the beer talking. Sab look at me."

I keep my head down and he quickly lifts my chin up so our faces are centimeters away. I feel his light breath on my nose and I stare into his eyes and get lost in their green tint.
He whispers gently,
"Everything's gonna be fine. There has to be an explanation. And if not.. I'll be here to help you figure it out."

I forget to answer since I can't help but stare at him and think to myself.... I love guys.

He pulls his face back and yells,
"SABRINA."

I look away and giggle and say,
"I-uh. Sorry."

He laughs and says,
"I think you're just tired and you're definitely not with it right now. Let's get you to bed."

I nod and follow him to his room.
He takes off his shirt and gets in the side of the bed and pats for me to get in next to him and I do so.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls
Me close to his chest.
I'm starting to feel depressed about this whole
situation. I breathe out loudly and he says kissing the top of my head,
"It's gonna be okay. Trust me."

I slightly nod my head, even though I'm in doubt of his reassurance, and close my eyes.
I look at his clock and see is reads 3:40.
Sigh.
I sadly groan and wait for my mind to finally shut down for the night.

All I have to say is don't hate me :)

Xoxo Jackie