Chapter 11

I smile at my family and how much I missed them and days like this.
I just wish my girl was here to share this special time.
I know it's Christmas and I don't wanna seem selfish, but I have spent the past 2 holidays with her family. I spent every waking moment with her.
I just want to fly her in so bad.
It hasn't even been a day and I miss holding her and kissing her and snuggling up to her.
And just being next to her.
Her presence makes me happy. Her mood her laugh and her smile can light up the room.
Her soft touch and perfect manner can cure sickness.
She's just an angel.

I need her right now.
I sound obsessive and trust me I'm far from that. I'm the chill one in relationships, but this one just feels different. It feels more real. Like its perfect right out of a book.
Almost too perfect.

Skip to later that night

Well, we all finished dinner and I'm in the living room with the adults and my siblings since the kids went to bed.
I'm just strumming a few songs on my guitar and we're all having a nice time.
I decide to get my phone out and text Rowan;
Sabrina: hey row
Row☺️💗: hi brina
Sabrina: whatcha doing
Row☺️💗: hanging with Carmen, missing you😿 what about you
Sabrina: Awh I miss you too love and just talking to everyone & catching up. I'm so tired though
Row☺️💗: why don't you go to bed
Sabrina: then I'll feel bad I can make it till everyone else goes to bed. I'll just end up crashing hard later😂😂
Row☺️💗: it's 9 here so it's 11 there right
Sabrina: correct so they won't last much longer
Row☺️💗: true and so Jake texted me..
Sabrina: what the fuck does he want
Row☺️💗: no no stop don't get like that. He just wants to meet up to tell me he's sorry.
Sabrina: I don't believe it. He wants more than that being the joke he is
Row☺️💗: he was always a very sweet guy
Sabrina: whatever. What did you say
Row☺️💗: I said yes. We're meeting up at the grove
Sabrina: when
Row☺️💗: in like....... 5...... Minutes..
Sabrina: uhm idk if I like that idea
Row☺️💗: babe it's okay. It's gonna be filled of people still. That mall is always packed till closing around Christmas and you know that. He's doing the right thing by making sure I forgive him. You don't need to worry you'll be asleep already
Sabrina: 😒 I don't like this
Row☺️💗: shh it's okay sunshine. Get some sleep I'll text you in the morning
Sabrina: yup
Row☺️💗: oh come on. I love youuu😚😚❤️ sweet dreams baby talk to you in the morning
Sabrina: I love you too.

I just don't want her to go out there by herself. Is she gonna be walking there alone in the dark? I don't care if it's the safest town in the world I don't like that idea.
If anything happens to her I'm after Jake.

After an hour everyone wanted to go to bed so I gladly followed Sarah up to our room. I didn't even change or take my makeup off.
I laid right down on my old comfy bed and kept my eyes closed until I fell asleep minutes after.

Rowan's POV:

I know I didn't want to even look at Jake before let alone meet up with him so he can apologize to me, but when he texted me a felt a soft spot for ignoring him even though I have every right to. I can't hold grudges very well.
I know Sabrina doesn't want me to go, but she's just being a bit protective and doesn't like him very well because of how it ended.
Jake WAS always a really sweet guy. The last thing I think he would do is harm me physically or verbally.

I had an easy excuse to leave the house for a bit: Christmas shopping.
My mom let me leave no questions asked.
I text brina letting her know I left but I don't think she'll answer.

Once I get there I text Jake I arrived at the cafe here at the grove. The grove is a nice little strip mall shopping center full of cute shops and a nice cafe, Stay Gold.
He answers me that he has a table by the window inside.
I proceed in and greet him at the table.
There's surprisingly no one else in here. I guess because it's kinda late for it.

He starts by gently holding my hands across the table and says,
"Listen I'm not gonna go big on this because I don't want to waste your time, but I made a mistake by letting you go. I felt pressured by the media. I miss you. I miss us. Please forgive me and take me back. I've been so stressed and just been feeling different. I need you back to make me sane again. I'm sorry baby girl."

I stutter in shock,
"I- uh- but- Jake- I-I... I cant."

He says,
"Rowan I know I messed up I hurt you and I can't live with that. I'm so sorry. Give me another chance to make it right again."

I say,
"It's not that I don't want to give you another chance it's that-"

He cuts me off with an angered look in his eyes,
"I know. You really are dating Sabrina. You're a lesbian or bi. Rowan since when? You like boys. I thought you liked me. I can treat you better than any girl. It's natural this way."

I'm surprised at his cold remarks. I try to break from his grip and stand up quickly. I say,
"You know what Jake? I felt bad about how rude I was but now I realize you just deserved it. You're just an ignorant asshole. I'm leaving."

He stands next to me and stares into my eyes and whispers gently and seductively,
"You can't say this doesn't send chills through tour spine. You can't say you don't like this."

And then he softly kisses me and holds my body, his hands making their way further down.

Oooooo...
What do you guys think? I'm getting more into this book now and I'm gonna try to have updates weekly. Please tell me if that's an okay idea I love your feedback it shows you love the book!
Thanks guys for your endless love!
Xoxo Jackie❤️