Chapter 40

Rowan's POV:

She said she wouldn't drink anymore.
She's only 17.
I know other kids our age drink a lot too, but she really shouldn't be.
We're celebrities and this shit can ruin our career if ANYONE found out or saw or heard us.
We'd be dead.

I rush down the stairs and I see Jake turn around to face me making the loud stomps.
He gives me a concerned look and says,
"Oh my God what happened?!"

I say trying not to cry again,
"Nothing. I just gotta go."

He follows me out the door and down the street.
I say over the lump in my throat,
"Seriously Jake I'm fine. Just go back to Corey's, enjoy your night."

He says,
"I can't knowing you're in pain. Just tell me what happened. Please, I want to help"

I stop and say,
"Fine. You want to know? You want to help? Well sorry but you can't this time. I just need a break.."

I sigh out of frustration and he says softly grabbing my hand lightly,
"From what?"

I say,
"From... From.. Sabrina. She cheated again. I can't keep setting myself up to get hurt. I fell too hard for her. She just played her stupid games with me. And I thought I knew her so well. I thought she was the biggest romantic perfect girl. I-I thought she loves me."

He pouts and holds me in a comforting hug.
I sigh a shaky breath into his shoulder. I say,
"Is it bad I still miss her?"

He squeezes me tighter and says,
"It's not bad. You just need to get over her. But only if you want to. I mean what even happened, how do you know she cheated? Actually it doesn't matter. I think you too spend a bit too much time together. You need a break from each other. But that's only what I think. Just stay platonic at work and wait it out a few weeks tops. See what happens."

I nod and say,
"Yeah. Yeah I guess you're right. Thanks Jake."

He says,
"In the mean time. Let's just get you calmed down in the nice fresh air. Follow me."

I smile and follow him to a big, crystal clear lake. There's benches and art easels around it.
Sabrina would like this.

God stop it Rowan.
She's history. Just another heart break closer to finding my real soulmate. My soulmate that I could always trust with any situation. And that person... Isn't Sabrina.

Yeah you're right I'm not even convincing myself with that.
Love sucks.

My jaw drops in awe at how perfectly the moonlight reflects onto the lake like a big white ball shaking from the ripples in the water.

Jake puts his arm around me and says,
"I come here when I need to calm down, and collect my thoughts."

I start to remember the time he kissed me and insulted mine and Sabrina's relationship. I know he realized his mistakes but do you think he's just setting all this up to break me and Sabrina up?
Yeah of course not I'm just over thinking.

This whole time I feel constant vibrations from my phone. Whether it be texts or calls, it's all at once.
I can't tell if it's the same person or more than one.

If I didn't kinda need my phone to hear things from my boss, I would be throwing it in this water right now.

So instead I just turn it off.

Sabrina's POV:

"OH MY GOD NOW NOTHING IS DELIVERING."

I scream. Of course by now the whole party found out and everyone is trying to get a hold of Rowan so I can explain I never fucking cheated, but she's not answering.

Peyton says sighing,
"Yeah.. No deliver."

Everyone agrees and I groan out,
"Dammit."

Corey says,
"Sabrina it's been a day so you obviously haven't cheated since the last party. But maybe did you not tell her about something in the past?"

I say,
"NO! I DIDNT FUCKING CHEAT! I DID NOT! I just got paranoid and afraid something bad would happen tonight and I ended up having s bad dream. I passed out because I guess I had too much to drink."

Austin says,
"That's my bad I brought some really good stuff tonight. But don't worry we're gonna find her. I know Jake. And I know where he took her."

He rushes out with Corey following behind.

I scoff under my breath
"Joke Short."

I hate that all we do is fight lately.
I'm afraid she'll want a break. I don't want a break. I just want to prove to her that I can be responsible. Jeez for a 14 year old she sure is mature.

I feel like Jake is gonna take her away and make her forget about me.
And then he's just gonna hurt her again.
I know it wasn't even that bad of a 'break up' but still. It was her first 'real' relationship. She was heart broken.

After the party was over at around 1ish, Peyton told me to go back to his house to talk.
Good. Because if I was alone lord knows what I would do.

When we get there, his parents are still awake, they're really cool people.

Problem is, along the way home it all really started to hit me. This might be the end of Rowan and I, well until we talk again, then I'll know for sure, and I started to get really depressed about it all.

Peyton's POV: 

I enter the kitchen with Sabrina following about to burst into tears.
I say to my parents,
"Hey we're going in the basement. Just so you know in advance, we're fine. So all the screaming and banging you're gonna hear, is okay. Sabrina here is just uh- going through a problem."

I see her bottom lip quivering and know she's a about to blow up.

My mom asks concerned,
"Awh sweetie what's wrong?"

I look over at her and quickly lift her up and run for the basement with my hand over her mouth as she screams into it,
"ROWAN WOULD ASK ME THAAAAAT."

I say,
"Oh come on Rowan would say anything they're about to say."

My dad calls,
"Feel better honey!"

I basically run down the stairs and throw her on the couch.
I let out a long breath and sit on the bean bag chair and say,
"Alright. Before we start. I already know what happened. And you're both right and wrong."

She says raising an eyebrow,
"Hey who's side are you on?"

I say,
"There is no sides to pick. You're right because I know you're not hiding anything else from her. But she's also right for assuming. I would too. But she's also wrong for just leaving without letting you explain. And you're wrong for even drinking again. You told her you wouldn't anymore. So clearly you need to just discuss this situation with her."

Suddenly, my phone starts to buzz. I get it out of my back pocket and see Corey texted me:

Corey: they're at swanson lake
Peyton: what is Rowan saying. I'm with Sabrina at my house everyone left the party it died out.
Corey: oh good and how's Sab? Rowan is saying she wants a break.. Don't tell Sab though she wants to just talk to her.
Peyton: Jesus.. Well I guess just all come to my place. Just come right down in the basement, my parents are in the kitchen they'll let you guys in
Corey: be there in 5

Long ass update yay! I'm writing the next chapter right now so it'll be up today!
Xoxo Jackie