Chapter 41

Peyton's POV:

Sabrina says,
"Who was that?"

I lie,
"It was just Ross asking if you were okay."

She nods once and I say,
"So what are you gonna do about this when we go back to work tomorrow?"

She says fumbling with a string off the blanket on the couch,
"Talk to her. If she even wants to."

I say assuring,
"She will."

In about 5 minutes, 

Corey, Austin, Jake, and Rowan come down the steps.

Corey stands there with his hands in his front pockets and says,
"You two need to talk. Whatever you resolve will be the best decision. Just trust that. Okay?"

Sabrina lifts her head the slightest bit and jerks her head to Rowan to follow her into a more private room.

Sabrina's POV:

We sit on the edge of a guest bed and I blurt out,
"I don't want a break."

And at the exact same time, Rowan blurts out,
"I want a break."

I say heartbroken,
"What?"

She says,
"Sabrina I can't trust you anymore. I will always love you. This break isn't forever. Just for a little while because I think we spend too much time together and there's too much tension.
We just need some fresh air. So we don't have to see new people, but we just.. need some time off from each other."

I say,
"But I really didn't cheat on you. You know everything that happened. I was just nervous something bad would happen tonight and that was the last thing I thought about before I passed out. And I know I said I wouldn't drink and I know I've done this before, but I'm giving it up completely now. I'm done with it. Just one more chance?"

We didn't even realize it, but we were slowly inching towards each other, both standing up now by the door way.
I gently hold her hand waiting for an answer.
She lightly kisses my cheek and whispers once more the 4 words I hate with my whole life,
"We need a break."

As she walks towards the other room still facing me our hands are still being held, but only by the most gentle bond.
As our arms reach the longest length they can, that small bond breaks and she walks back upstairs.
Jake follows her.

Peyton comes in the guest room and says,
"You're staying here tonight."

I say emotionless
"Why?"

He says,
"Lord knows what you'd do if you were alone."

He knows me well.

He continues,
"Corey's staying here too. While Jake stays with Rowan."

I nod and he says,
"Just get some sleep."

I nod again and he closes the door.
I sit on the bed in the dark. The only sounds are the distant bugs and animals out in the yard.

After what feels like hours and hours and hours later I think I finally fell asleep, but I don't remember doing so.

Rowan's POV:

I can't tell if I made the right choice or not.
Work tomorrow is gonna suck seeing her and not running up to her kissing her.

I swear if the episode we're rehearsing tomorrow has rilaya moments I'm going to die right there.
Even if it's as little as staring into her eyes for more than 5 seconds, there's a chance I'll cry. Even though I'm the one that broke it off with her. But I did it all for the good. Right?
Stop questioning yourself Rowan.

I say sitting in Jake's car in front of my house,
"W-wait Jake I don't want to go home. I know my family is gonna question me about it and I can't talk about it anymore."

He says putting the car back in drive,
"Okay I understand. Let's go back to my house!"

I nod in agreement and he drives back to his house.

When we get there we quietly walk upstairs not to wake his parents.
Sigh. Sabrina's parents wouldn't care how late we came in.
Shut the hell up Rowan.
It's like you want yourself to breakdown and cry.

He says walking into his room,
"Here take my bed I'll sleep on the couch."

I say,
"No don't be ridiculous I'll take the couch. I probably won't sleep anyway."

He shakes his head and says,
"Honestly I could fall asleep anywhere I don't mind at all. Please just take my room."

I smile and thank him.
He squeezes my shoulder with a smile and closes the door and leaves me there. Alone in the dark, sitting on the bed.

I wonder if she's thinking about me.

Sooo how much do you guys hate me?
Remember:

I LOVE YOU GUYS

Xoxo Jackie