Chapter 97

Rowan's POV:

I'm silent.

Is it because she doesn't want to make time for us or she simply can't.

Because there's a big difference there.

Sabrina's POV:

I don't know what just came over me.

Why did I say that?! I didn't even mean to. It just came out.

God.

I can't fucking do this.

Our schedules are too damn different.

It's so hard.

I want to keep my career going even stronger than it is, but I can't do that without ruining our relationship.

I don't want to have to make a decision because we should be able to make it through the distance.

I mean GOD I'm not gonna be busy for the rest of my life.
She doesn't have to be so dramatic.
We're just kids in reality.

Yeah I know I get it the distance sucks, but come on we can deal with it.

Rowan's POV:

The deafening silence is killing me.

Just say something Rowan.

I want to.
But I don't know what to say.

I observe her facial expressions she's making as she's playing with the tag on the blanket.

She looks frustrated when she presses her eyebrows together.
She's really thinking when she sticks her tongue out a little bit.
She's annoyed when her eyes squint.

What's going on in that mind of hers?

~~~

Several days later

Sabrina's POV:

Rowan and I walk back into her house after going to the beach and out to dinner together.

Ever since my little emotional freak out a few days ago, we seemed to have re kindled again.

We were both just worried we'd end up single again because as we noticed, we don't handle time apart well as anyone could conclude.

"Rowan?"

I weakly say.

She looks up at me concerned as she washes the plates in the sink. She says,
"What's wrong?"

I sigh out and say,
"You know I love you right?"

She hesitates and says,
"Y-yeah of course. Why what's going on?"

I take her hands and say,
"Lately I feel like I haven't been making it obvious enough. And I need to make sure you never forget it. Ever since your you think I'm different and I'm not my normal self. I'm just stressed that's all. I haven't had a break since Christmas. It's march. I'm not in any way complaini-"

She cuts me off with a kiss. She says,
"Sabrina I get it. I know you're busy and you're all over the place. I need to understand that more. You're perfect. We're perfect."

I feel my lips curl up into a smile. I rest my forehead onto hers gently and say,
"Today and tomorrow let's go do a bunch of coupley stuff. These are our days."

She says innocently,
"Like what?"

I place my hands on her waist, not separating an inch from her as I lead us down to the couch and say,
"Well,"

She giggles adorably.

"We will wake up to the sun together in each other's arms, we'll get breakfast, walk around southern downtown, we can go to the beach-"

She cuts me off and mumbles,
"Go to the gymmm."

I glance over at her trying not to smile. She hesitates to look up at me trying all her might to not laugh. I tackle her down onto her side and say blowing into her neck,
"I don't even go that often anymore."

She erupts into laughter kicking me whining,
"Stoooop! Sabrina! Ow!"

I pin her hands down above her head and hover above her on my knees on either side of her body and say,
"Then take it back."

She says,
"Or what?"

I say,
"Orrrrr.... I'll.... TICKLE you."

She gasps and says,
"No no no no no I hate being tickled."

I smirk and fall down next to her tickling every inch of her making her scream with laughter.

I put my hand over her mouth to make her stop so she doesn't wake up her dad who just laid down for a nap when suddenly she stops.
She stops kicking and she stops laughing.
Her eyes look at me with fright.
I look at her and raise an eyebrow in concern.
I hear her whimper once, quietly.
I jump off her and kneel beside her on the ground and stroke her hair softly and say,
"What's wrong? Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry baby."

She sighs out a shaky breath and shakes her head.
I feel my mouth frown and I ask gently,
"What happened?"

She holds her hand to her head and says in a whisper,
"I'm sorry I just had a flashback.. t- to jake. He- he-"

I say,
"You don't have to explain if you don't want to. It's okay I'm sorry. I pushed you. I shouldn't have."

She says quietly,
"No no I want to. It's not your fault. He messed me up. I don't think I'll ever get over it. I get nightmares sometimes and I wake up crying and scared. Carmen used to sleep in my room with me because I hated being alone. It freaked me out. I'm being such a baby about this I'm sorry."

I shake my head and whisper,
"No you're not. It's all understandable. I swear I'll never let him live a day where he thinks I'm not watching him. He'll never live this down."

She tries to smile at me as her eyes get a little glassy. She places her hand on my head, laying it down in between her body and arm as she strokes my hair.
I lightly place tiny passionate kisses on her arm and whisper,
"I love you."

She says back,
"I love you too."

She tries to pull my body up next to her on the bed so I carefully climb in next to her keeping 2 or 3 inches between us. I lay my head on my hand resting on my elbow as I admire her eyes.

She says,
"Sabrina?"

I hum back and she says,
"Do you ever think about what our lives would be like if we were just a normal couple?"

I say,
"what do you mean?"

She says,
"Like. Without the fame, the show, tour, shoots everyday, events, or any of these privileges."

I say with a smile,
"Well yeah. I think about it all the time."

She grins and plays with the ring on my finger and says,
"Do tell."

The next chapter is gonna be Sabrina telling a story soooOoOOoO be ready for that probably will be out next year knowing me but okay sorry for the wait but I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for readin ya bums and like and comment bc it means a lot :)

Xoxo jackie