Chapter 3

I woke up sore. After Max ran into me again and that incident at my house I was physically and emotionally drained. I dragged out of the bed as my alarm went off. Time for work. At least I have a job. I went downstairs and Max was sitting there drinking coffee.

"Mornin'" He mumbled and walked away. Wtf? What was that about? I got coffee and went upstairs. I got on some yoga pants and a tank top. I grabbed my jean jacket and heard towards the car. Ross, Tim, Max, and I all filed into the car. I got in the backseat with Ross. We all drove towards the office and there were silence. It was hot and there was no sound. I started to breathe heavily.

"You alright?" Ross whispered. I turned to him and nodded my head.

"I'm fine." I said, trying to convince myself. I'm claustrophobic, and this car is small. We finally got to the office and I practically fell out of the car. I took in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I have a feeling this won't be the only claustrophobic panic attack today.

Adam showed me around the offices again and then he showed me my office. The office was small but cozy. There was a huge desk that has a huge PC and two monitors.

"Wow. This is amazing!" I exclaimed. Touching the desk. It was.sleek black and felt like marble.

"I know." Adam said smirking. "Max! Come here!" He said and backed out of the room. He was up to something. I just need to know what.

"What. I'm busy." Max snapped. Then Adam pushed him in my office and shut the door.

"Adam! Open the door!" Max yelled, pounding on the door. It wasn't budging.

"The chair is under the knob! Good luck getting out!" Adam yelled through the door. I'm suck I'm here. With Max. Oh my. Here goes another panic attack. I started to breathe heavily and faster. Max instantly knew something was wrong. He walked over to me.

"What's wrong." He said. I couldn't talk as I was hyperventilating.

"Panic. Attack." I said in between breaths. He ran over to the door and started to pound on the door.

"Adam!!! Open the door! Stella is having a panic attack!!" He screamed. There was no answer but then the door was opening. It was too late, I fell down hitting my head on the way down on the desk. The last thing I remembered was Max saying I will be okay.

Max P.O.V

I was mentally killing Adam I'm my head. Adam of all people should know what a panic attack means. He was too late opening the door and Stella passed out.

"Adam! I'm going to kill you!" I said picking up Stella. I went over to the lounge and laid her on the couch.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know she had panic attacks!" He said, knowing that this was his fault. I glared at him and he walked away.

It is 11:00 a.m. and Stella still isn't awake. I haven't left her side. Ross brought me my laptop so I can do some work. She needs to wake up, I miss her. Do I like her? I can't. She doesn't even like me. I was listening to one of Adam's videos, I didn't notice Stella awake. She sat up and I threw off my headphones.

"Stella! Are you okay?!" I said. She nodded and got up.

Stella P.O.V.

"I'm sorry. That must have been pretty scary. I'm claustrophobic so I can't be in small space with someone else." I said quietly. Great first impression Stella! I sighed and walked to the kitchen. I instantly regretted it as I saw Adam in there making coffee. I turned around to walk out but he saw me.

"Stella! Your awake!" He said, I nodded and turned away. "Hey. I didn't know that you had panic attacks. I'm sorry I shouldn't of have done that anyway." He said regretful. I sighed, I wanted to say something smart but I knew that won't help me.

"Adam. It's fine how could you know. But I still hate your all." I said and laughed. I got some grapes and went into my office. I was eating then when my phone buzzed.

Where are you?

Danté! I totally forgot about him. I texted him that I'll be there shortly. I grabbed my purse and went to Max's office. Hopefully he will let me use his car.

"Hey Max. Um. Can I... Um." I stuttered nervously.

"Spit it out Stella." He said not looking at me. I took a deep breath a said it.

"Ineedyourcarbecausemineisstillatsubwayandineedtodriveitsomewhere."

"What?" He said turning to me.

"Can I use your car?" I said,looking down.

"Why?" He asked suspiciously.

"I need to go to my house to get something." I said lying.

"Oh well I'll just drive you there." He said grabbing his keys. I shook my head and stopped him.

"No, it's personal, I need to do this by myself." I said. He threw me the keys and I secretly high-fived myself. I ran towards the car eargly trying to reach Danté. I drove to the downtown park, the place is run down and old. The city hasn't updated it so the equipment is falling apart.

I got out of my car and looked for Danté. He was sitting on the swing with his friend. I walked over to them and Danté got up to greet me.

"Hey buddy." I said as he hugged.

"Hey Stella. I forgot to introduce you to my friends."He said.

"The names Isaac." He said. I nodded and shook his hand.

"Alright, straight to the point. What kind of trouble are you in Danté?" I asked and he looked down.

"I owe some money to a gang. Dead ones to be exact." He said quietly. I gasped. The gang Dead ones is the most powerful in the city of Bellevue. They hold the record for most killings in a year.

"I'll help you." I stated. "It's time to go back to my old ways.