Chapter 42

Stella P.O.V.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Max yelled when he got to me. I wasn't surprised by his outburst but I didn't care.

"I saw Dragon Ball Z and I walked towards it." I explained.

"You could have told one of us! You don't just walk away!" He yelled louder. Some people stopped and stared at us.

"Max calm down." I said quietly.

"No! Stella! You do not just walk away from us!" He yelled louder. I put up my fingers and walked away. He grabbed my arm and yanked me back. I cried out in pain as he pulled of my arm. "Dont walk away from me!"

"Max get off of me." I growled. Adam got up from the bench and was on alert. He knew something was about to happen.

"No. I'm not finished." He said.

"Max! Get off of me-" I didnt get to finished when he lifted his hand and punched me. My head snapped back and I cried out in pain. I fell backwards and landed in the floor. My head bounced off the floor and stars invaded by vision. Adam and Ross instantly ran over and pulled Max away. I popped back up and ran towards him. Someone grrabbed me and held me from beating the shit out of him. It was Barney. My side of my face stung and I was boiling in madness. Reality hit me and I just figured out what just happened. Max hit me. In public. People were around us, phones out taking videos and pictures.

"Stella? Yous okay?" Barney asked. Emily and Alesa was beside me also. I nodded staring at the huddle around Max. I caught a glimpse of him and his expression was guilt. He looked over to me and caught me staring. He mouthed a sorry. I looked away and focused on me.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine." I whispered. Sirens were going off and I groaned. Who called the cops? They can't arrest Max. I won't let him. Even though he hit me I still I've him. He messed up and he knows it. I looked outside and there was cops and an ambulance. Of course Heather was the first one to get in here. She looked at Max them to me. She rolled her eyes and ran over to me.

"Heather. I'm fine." I said. She shook her head and told me to lay down. I sighed and did as she told me. Barney walked away to join Max. Alesa smiled down at me.

"Stella. Tell me what hurts." She said. I assessed myself.

"Nothing really. My cheek stings. My arm is throbbing and my neck hurts I guess." I said. She nodded and went back outside.

"They are going to take me to the hospital aren't they?" I asked Emily. She nodded and looked over to Max. The cops were there and he was in handcuffs. I nodded and Emily
got up and ran over there.

"Dont arrest him!" She said frantically.

"Ma'am it's protocol. We have to." One of then said and focused back on Max. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?"

"Yeah" Max said and looked down. The door opened and Heather got a stretcher. Over the top much? She came over and put a neck brace around me. I couldn't move my neck whick felt good. She put the board under me and lifted me up on the stretcher.

"Heather. Why?" I groaned.

"Protocol." She whispered and wheeled me out of the convention center. Adam and Ross followed me and hopped into the ambulance. Before they closed the door I saw Max. He looked at me with worried eyes. I smiled and the cop pushed him in the car. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Stella, listen. We are going back home tomorrow. I think everyone needs to relax and go back to work." Adam said.

"No. It's fine. Tomorrow is the last day of Pax let's enjoy it. I'm the one who ruined it for you guys. Don't worry I won't be there. And plus we can't leave without Max." I said. He nodded and got out his phone.

"Say cheese!" He said. I flipped him off and he snapped the picture. I laughed but stupid as that hurt my neck. My phone buzzed and I looked at it. I was tagged in one of Adam's instagram post.

"Really? You had to post that?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. The captain read: Even when she is hurt she is snarky. I smiled as I read it. It's true though. There is also someone else who is snarky. Shit. Max. I don't know what to think. I fucking hate him but I still love him. Why did he hit me? I know he got mad but I never thought to the point that he was going to hit me. Our relationship is going downhill. I just want our old us back.

I turned my head to look around. I needed to get my mind off of this. I hitched a breath as pain eminated from my head. I made sure that no one saw my expression and I had to keep my heart rate down. Heather is tracking it.

"How long till we are at the hospital?" Ross asked.

"About 5 minutes. Sorry it takes a longer trip." She said. "You still okay?" She asked me. I tried to nod but it hurt too bad. She realized something was wrong and hovered over me. "Stella? What's wrong?"

"I can't move." I said. She nodded. "It hurts." She got a needle and turned my arm over. I looked to Ross and Adam and they were staring at me. I couldn't turn my head because it hurts. I felt something trickle up my arm. An iv was placed inside of my arm.

"George pick it up. We got to get her to Anthony asap!" Heather yelled to the front seat. He nodded and we hurled forward. I groaned as a sting of pain came. "Easy up there."

"Heather what's wrong with her?" Adam asked.

"Right now. She has a neck injury. Someone tell me what happened" she said. Oh no.

"I dared Max to punch me as hard as he could. He did it. My head snapped back and bounced off of the ground. Don't worry Max didn't do anything bad. Heather do everything you can to get him out." I said. She didn't believe me but nodded. She opened the iv bag and put something in it. My body instantly numbed. I couldn't feel my hands or anything. The ambulance stopped and Heather jumped out. She grabbed the stretcher and wheeled me in. My vision blurred and I couldn't see.

"20 year old girl, severe neck injury, CT scan asap. Series of panic attacks, depression and suicidal thoughts. And no she did not try to kill herself. Anesthesic currently." She said quickly.

"Treatment 4!" Someone else yelled. "What's her name?"

"Stella." She answered. "Take care of her!" She said. She sounded many miles away.

"Okay Stella can you hear me?" The guy said.

"Mhmm." I mumbled.

"Okay Stella we are going to take great care of you." He said. I mumbled some kind of ok and closed my eyes. I don't know why I had them open. Everything was blurry. What did Heather put in me? I finally let sleep take over me. I'll be okay.