Chapter 74

Dave P.O.V.

I haven't seen Stella in months. She never showed for our weekend meet and I wasn't surprised. She still hates me I understand that. She needs time, I know. I don't know what changed in me but something did and knocked the sense into me. I was a douche and I regret all the stuff I did to her and my wife. I will always wish that she'll forgive me but I know it will never happen. I won't forgive myself ever so why should she?

I got a text this morning that said Starbucks 2 pm. Be there. I don't even know who the text came from but I'm the curious kind of guy so of course I'm going to be there. It is currently 1:55 and I'm sitting in the corner of Starbucks.

I'm getting my life back together. I'm going to college to get my degree in Marketing. Although I'm the oldest in my classes I mostly take them online. I changed. I changed a lot. I dress a lot nicer. I like only own suits and dress clothes. I have a really nice apartment.

"Dave?" Someone said. I looked up from my phone and my eyes widened. Am I seeing this right? My daughter is standing right in front of me. Stella was the one who sent the text to me? She wanted to talk to me today? Out of the blue?

"Stella!" I said with enthusiasm. I stood up and went to hug her. She flinched and backed away. Not on a hug basis, that's okay. "Sorry." I said and sat down. She sat across from he and tried to look comfortable. I know she still isn't used of seeing me and I understand that. It will take time, I'm fine with that.

"Hey Dave. I'm sorry I didn't meet up with you awhile ago. A lot of stuff happened that week and I was exhausted." She explained.

"It's fine Stella. I'm just glad to see you now." I stated. She smiled and looked down at her hands. If I remembered anything from the past and the drugs hasn't done anything to my brain I would now that there is something else that she needs to tell me.

"So the reason why I wanted to talk to you is because I need to get somethings straight." She started. I nodded my head for her to continue. "I heard that you wanted to walk me down the aisle for my wedding. The thing is that I don't think you will. No offense but you haven't been the best father figure to be in the past years." Ouch but hey understandable. "To be honest you're lucky I'm even letting you come to my wedding."

"Yeah I'm truly happy that you'll let me." I said sincerely.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Don't try to be all mushy on me." She said sarcastically.

"A man can try." I said and laughed. She laughed as well but then quickly stopped.

"Anyway. I always came here to tell you that I'm pregnant. If you haven't been on social media or seen my stomach. I'm in my fourth month now. I get to know the gender next month." She said excitedly. I'm going to be a grandfather.

"Congrats Princess!" I exclaimed. She winced at that word and looked down. Shit. That was messed up. I shouldn't of called her that. "I'm sorry Stella. It just came out."

"No, no. It's fine. I'll be fine. Hey I gotta get home. Max is worried sick about me." She said quickly. I nodded knowing that I totally butchered this meeting.

"See you" I said standing up. She stood up and smiled. She hugged me and quickly left. That was the best feeling ever. It's like I have my baby girl back but that's far from the truth.

Stella P.O.V.

My heart is racing and my breath quickened. I don't know why he still scares me. I always get anxious when I see him. I know that now he won't do anything to me but I'm still afraid. Once he called me princess I lost it. I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to cry, I wanted to break down, I just wanted to get out of there. I walked to my car and quickly drove off. I need to get away from that place to calm down. I dialed Max's number and yet again he answered.

"You coming home? You had your hour." He asked.

"Yeah" I said shortly.

"You okay?" He asked, knowing that there is something wrong.

"Yep." I answered. "I'll be home soon" I said and hung up. All right. Breathe Stella. In and out. You're fine. No panic attacks. You're not allowed. I turned up the music and focused on that. About 20 minutes later I pulled up in the driveway. I shut off my car and walked to the front door. I unlocked the door and opened it. The smell of Max's cologne filled my nose and I smiled. Tim and Ross must be in their rooms already.

I shut the door and went upstairs. I heard the shower running and I sighed. I took off my coat and sat it on the bed. I took off my shoes and put my bunny slippers on. There pink because why not? I didn't even change out of my clothes as got under of the covers. I'm completely exhausted. Today has been a stressful day and I just want to go to bed. I felt the bed shift has hands went around my waist.

"Hey babe." Max said roughly in my ear.

"Mhmm." I said, half asleep.

"You haven't even changed out of your clothes yet." He stated, running his hands up and down my back. I nodded not answering him with words. "Let me help you with that." He whispered. I opened my eyes and turned to him. He had a mischievous grin on his face and I don't care what he is planning on doing, as long as they clothes get off of me because I'm to lazy.

He lifted my shirt over my head and kissed my stomach. He placed his hand on my stomach just waiting to see if the baby can kick. He or she hasn't but I can feel it moving. It's a hyperactive baby in there. Max unbuttoned my jeans and slid them off with ease. He slid his hand on the inside of my thigh and pulled me closer. He reached my eyes and he grinned.

"You're beautiful." He said quietly and kissed me. Electricity flowed between me, whenever his lips touched mine I felt a burst of energy from him. I absolutely love it.

"No I'm not," I said and smirked.

"Then it's my duty to make you feel beautiful." He vowed.

"Then prove that you have" I whispered. He smiled and pulled the blanket over us.