Chapter 56

Adam P.O.V.

I usually don't get mad, when I do I just laugh it off. I've never been this pissed before. My hands are twitching and I want to punch something. More like someone. But I don't have the balls to do it.

When I went after Max, he was pacing back and forth. In the parking lot. He of all people would be pacing in a freaking parking lot. I went up to him and grabbed his arms.to make him stop. He winced and pulled his left arm away. Red flags should of went off in my head but they didn't. We talked, bro to bro kind of talk.

In Washington, the weather is unpredictable. It rains a lot and I mean a lot. But it can become hot in a second. It is getting hot and Max did the stupidest thing ever. Pulled up his sleeves. How could anybody not see the huge red, swollen cuts on his arm. They looked fresh, like he just did them. Then it hit me. He was acting weird on the phone. How voice changed when I talked to him. Was he crying? When I got to his apartment he avoided eye contact with me. Why didn't I call sooner? I could've stopped him.

Max knew what he did and pulled down his sleeves. I shook my head and pulled then back up. Tears gathered in his eyes and looked down at the pavement. He was ashamed and I knew why.

Max is the kind of guy who helps people with no return. He saved me from cutting again. He had helped me with my depression. He's helped Ross with his panic attacks. He's helped me with mine. Of course all of us took that for granted and never looked at his own personal battles. I never thought we would have to worry about Max cutting because he's never touched a blade before. Until now I guess.

I knew why he cutted and I went right to the source. Stella. I'm not the one to get angry. I get mad but like I said I laugh it off. But all I see is red. Ross, Corey, Barney and Red was in the waiting room talking to each other. When they saw me and my expression they knew something was wrong.

"Hey. What happened?" Ross asked. I ignored him and kept on walking to Stella's room. Why do I have awesome friends? Why must the world curse me?

"Adams stop" Barney said.

"No."

"What happened?" Corey asked. Barney grabbed my arm and held onto it.

"Max cut." I growled. Their eyes widened in surprise. I used that to yank my arm away from Barney. I practically ran to Stella's room. I burst open the door and went straight for Stella.

"This is all your fault!" I yelled, running in towards her.

"What?" Alesa asked.

"You made him do this." I growled at her. I was extremely pissed and my fists were clenched.

"What do you mean? What did I do?" She asked. I glared even harder at her.

"You made Max cut Stella. You did this. This is your fault." I answered. Alesa gasped and Stella just sat there. She should no expression at all. I thought she would show some remorse but no nothing. Nada. That set me off. Imma bout cut a bitch.

"The most wonderful guy I know. The one who refused to ever touch a blade. The one who stopped me from cutting. The one who stopped Ross from a panic attack. He picked up a blade and destroyed his left arm. Why? Because of you. You made him cut Stella." I yelled. She shook her head but otherwise did nothing else. What the hell is wrong with her? I felt a hand in my shoulder and it was Alesa.

"Leave Adam. Come on. Not today." She begged. Anger coursed through me but somehow she calmed me. I nodded and we walked out. We went outside and sat on the bench. I was about to cuss but she knew how that would turn out.

"Adam. Don't start. I can't deal with this today." She pleaded. I sighed and sat back in the seat. I really hope today will change into a better day.

Max P.O.V.

Why did I tell him? Why did I have to open my mouth? Now he thinks it's Stella's fault. Now he probably hates her. And yet again it's my fault. I'm going to finish all this shut up that's happening to us. We are a family and a family has to stick together during these rough times.

I walked towards Stella room right when Alesa and Emily walked out. Their eyes widened and instantly went to my arms. I pulled my sleeves down and kept my eyes low. They walked past me and I took a deep breath. I opened the door and Stella had tears running down her face. My heart broke and I wanted to cry with her but I knew I couldn't. I walked over to her bed and she looked up at me.

"Max." She breathed out. I instantly wrapped my arms around her and she balled her eyes out. Not for my cutting but for everything. Everything that she held in. I never let go. I whispered kind words until she calmed down.

"Hey it's okay." I whispered.

"N-no it's not. Max what's happening to me? I used to be the happiest girl ever and now I attempted suicide." She quickly said.

"Stella. Life happened. But you are strong. Don't worry about anything. It will all sort out soon. I promise." I reassured her. She shook her head and cried more.

"Max. Let me see." She whispered. I knew exactly what she was asking. I sighed and let go of her. I pulled up my left sleeve and she gasped. I never looked at it from when I did it until now. My arm looks absolutely horrendous. The cuts are red and it looks like some just used a katana on my arm.

"I'm so sorry Max." She said. She over her hand towards my arm and touched the cuts. I flinched in pain and moved away. Her eyes said it all and I will not let her blame this on herself.

"Stella Ann. I swear on my mamma that this was not your fault. I was the one to pick up the blade and use it. I'm not going to lie to you, you did have a tiny impact but so did Adam and Ross. This is not your fault and you will not take the blame for it. Understood?" I said. She nodded and gave a a small smile.

"It will never go back to normal will it?" She asked.

"It will. But it will take time. Just be yourself. Just come to one of us if you need to. Stella we are here for you." I replied.

"Yes I know. Suicide was not the answer." She stated. I nodded but didn't say anything else. Right when she was about to say someting the doctor came in.

"Miss Faye. We have a family member here that wants to see you." He said. I looked at Stella and she shook her head.

"He said that he's your father."