Chapter 31

Stella P.O.V.

Today had been pretty eventful. As always. I'm now Max's girlfriend. I beat up a 30 year old man, now I'm going on a date. Practically my first real date. The one I had a panic attack on doesn't count.

Social media has been blowing up on my little fight. Comments were great. There were videos of me on people's pages, they tagged me in them. I was thinking about ousting one myself but I knew that would be wrong. I just love these comments though.

Serves him right

A small town girl beats up a grown man. That's not what you see everyday.

Stella is a badass. No one wants to cross her path.

Max better watch out, she knows how to fight also.

That's my girl! Miss you back in the hood. ~Danté

Danté? He saw this? I bet I'm famous there? Well again after what happened in the summer. I shook my head as I didn't want to go back there.

My head started pounding and hissed in a breath. These stupid headaches. My eyesight got blurry and I didn't have time to seat to my chair as I fell down. Then blackness.

Flashback in the summer of 2014

"Hustle like I’m broke 
Your shit is just a joke 
It’s all on me and I bet I never choke 
I killed your flow with a freestyle 
You can rap back but it might be while 
Until I reply, my oh my 
You lames workin bad bishes twerkin 
Stack my racks up cuz I’m puttin’ work in 
She popped that pussy til she said it hurtin’ 
I don’t care, treat her like a ho 
CREAM til the end all a hustler knows 
Just how it goes, ya I suppose 
Watch that bish drop straight to floor 
Flipped that bitch over put on fours 
Here I come, woah bish woah 
We ride 84s, we tote 44s 
Talk that ish get your head chopp’d off 
Yeah I’m out I beast I boss"

I smiled. Weak. Non consistent. This will be easy.

"J. Give me a beat." I said, cracking my knuckles. I put my hood up as he started.

"If you're 'broke', it's because I broke you
if you 'choke', it's because I choked you
you just clench them fists in rage. You won't ever throw, dude!
so true. Real talk: you said this was a freestyle battle
then acted wack. Just like your dreams, your schemes die mangled. Smoke blow out the window, call it summer haze
Starin' down the barrel bet that you seen better days
Tell me what more can I say, I can kill it all day
Speed dialed the coroner, got some bodies for ya
Blood on the carpet, death in the beat
And I keep it G always like I'm straight up off the street
Hustle like I need it, flow is ice cold
And I'd tell you that I killed it
But we already know
And I mean it when I say that's the way the story goes
Leave the Queen in the castle ... I'm a god and a vocalist."

"Ooooooooh!" They yelled. I smiled as the guy walked away. Another win for me.

"All hail the queen!" Someone yelled. Everyone around me bowed.

"I'm not just your queen. I'm your god." I said and walked away. Kian came you beside me and jumped on top of me. I laughed and propped him up on my side. Kian was my little brother. He's not blood related but we act like it. He is the most loving person on Earth and had so much promise ahead of him. His brown hair and green eyes can light up any room. He is the only reason why I'm living. He helps me when he doesn't even know it.

"This place give me the creeps." He whispered. Even though he is only 9, he is a smart kid.

"I'll protect you from those monsters," I said, messing up his hair. He giggled and swatted me away. I walked behind the alley to get home. I always walked this way but I knew something was up when it was quiet. It was never quiet behind here.

"Stella! Get down!" Someone yelled. My reaction was quick but it wasn't quick enough. Gunshots rang out and instant pain came from my side. I cried out in pain as I fell to the ground. I looked towards Kian and my heart broke. I ignored all of the pain and shook him.

"Kian! Kian get up. Please." I said shaking him. There was a single bullet lodged in his head. He was already laying in a pool of blood. Tears came into my eyes and I started to shake.

"Remember the name Big Red! That's what you get bitch!" Someone yelled.

My gang ran towards us and tried to save Kian. J picked me up and took me away. Tears fell down as I realized what just happened.

"Stella, stop moving. You got shot." He said, laying me down on the couch. Kian. He's gone.

All those times I hugged him. All thoses times I yelled at him. All those times I didn't say I love you. I could have protected him. But I didn't, I let him die. He had no part in the gang.

I hissed in pain as J touched my side. He apologized and continued assessing my injury. I looked down and instantly regretted it. Blood was still hiding out and there was a huge hole at my side.

"Oh God. J is it that bad?" I whispered. He looked at me and shook his head.

"If you are implying that your goin' to die, no. Not on my watch." He said smiling.

"But I let Kian die on my watch." I said, tears rushing to my eyes again.

"Stop. Stella you can't do this now." He said, stopping. I looked towards the ceiling. Damn. This is goin' to hurt. I nodded and he continued.

Couple months later

That was probably the most painful thing I ever had to go through. The bullet luckily missed any vital organs and muscles. I recovered fully, never went to the hospital. I still miss my little guy. I left the gang just because of that. I'm still a legend for surviving an onslaught of bullets. One only hit me. But I'm the only one who doesn't think that I'm a legend. I didn't save my friend. My best friend. The only person that I can relate to.

I miss you Kian. I still haven't forgave myself. I hope you are happy up there. Cause I know I'm not happy here without you. I'll do anything to see your face one more time. I'll see you soon buddy. See you soon.

End of flashback.