Halloween Special

Stella P.O.V.

I remember one year of Halloween. It was long time ago. Probably one of the best Halloween year ever. I was 5 years old then and I still remember every detail.

Flashback

"Mommy! Let's go! We can't be late!" I yelled. Trick or treating is tonight and I can't miss it! This year is going to be very special. Extra candy! Daddy is going to buy me a whole thing of candy! I'm so excited.

"Stella. Put on gloves!" Mommy scolded. I groaned and put on my princess gloves. I bounced up and down as my princess gown was doing the same. I am so excited to trick or treat. Mommy said that daddy is going to scare me. I said that I'm not scared of anything!

I skipped around the living room waiting for mommy to get ready. She was sitting in the chair with her eyes closed. Is there something wrong with mommy?

"Momma. What's wrong?" I asked climbing onto her lap. She opened her eyes and smiled.

"Nothing sweet pea. I'm fine. Now. Let's go get some candy!" She exclaimed and I bounced off of her lap. I grabbed her hand and he went out on the street. I saw so many kids my age. Some in really funny costumes. We started walking to the first house. Let the fun begin!

Time skip to 30 minutes later brought to you by the clown that is behind you! :)

We started walking back to our house. We had to stop a little early because mommy doesn't feel good. She probably has a cold because I had one last week.

I skipped as I went up our driveway I went to the front door as I saw that the door was wide open. Did we leave it that way when we left?

"Mommy." I said turning around. She looked up from her phone. She saw that the door was hanging wide open and her face turned to alarm. She quickly grabbed my hand and put me behind her. "What's wrong?" I asked, confused. Did she want to go inside first? Is there a present in there for me? I hope its more toys!

"Stay behind me sweetie" She said calmly. I nodded and stayed behind her. We walked inside and the door automatically shut. I jumped a little but remembered that in not scared at anything. We walked to the kitchen and a knife was on the floor with red gooey stuff all over it. The red gooey stuff that I'm pretty sure is blood is going through to the bathroom.

We walked to the bathroom and it was cracked open. My mom let go of my hand and she opened the door. All of the sudden mommy was pulled into the bathroom and she screamed. The door slammed in my face. I backed up confused on what just happened. Mommy is screaming in the bathroom and there is pounding on the wall.

"Mommy? What's wrong?" I yelled through the door. She stopped screaming and I heard something break. Did she drop some glass? Who pulled her in the bathroom. Is she hurt? "Mommy!"

There was no answer and next thing I knew I was pounding on the door. I was yelling for mommy but she wouldn't answer. I ran to the bedroom trying to find daddy. Where is he? Mommy is hurt.

A hand went over my mouth and I screamed and kicked. I tried to get away but the person is holding me tight. I was crying and breathing really heavily. I screamed, trying to get out of this grasp. I was turned around and saw the face.

"Daddy!" I yelled. I went into his arms and hugged him. He held onto me tight and I cried in his arms. "Mommy is hurt."

"No no. She's fine princess." He stated. I shook my head and took his hand. I lead him in the bathroom where mommy was washing her hands.

"Mommy!" I screamed. I ran to her and hugged her. "I thought something bad happened to you." I exclaimed. She saw my tears and picked me up. 

"I knew this was a bad idea Dave." She scolded. I was still crying and breathing heavily. It's like all the air went out of my lungs and I can't breathe.

"I'm sorry honey. I didn't know it would scare her to death." He apologized. "None of this was really princess. That was the thing that mommy told you. My thing that I was going to scare you with. That was this."

"Mommy." I cried in her arms. She held me tightly and stormed out of the bathroom. We went into my bedroom and she sat me down. "I can't breathe mommy."

"Shhh. It's okay. I'm here. Shhhh." She said rocking me. "In and out sweet pea. I'm and out" she said quietly. I followed her breathing movements and closed my eyes. She set me down in my bed and tucked me in. My eyes flung open and I shook my head.

"Dont leave me mommy please. I wanna sleep with you." I pleaded. She nodded and picked me up. We went into mommy and daddy's bedroom and she pulled the covers over us.

"Go to sleep little one. I won't leave your side." She promised. I smiled and closed my eyes as I let dreams take me into a happy place.

End Flashback

I'm pretty sure that was my first unofficial panic attack. Actually that was my first unofficial panic attack. But the next morning I got ice cream for breakfast and ate all of my candy that I had. That was one of the best childhood memories ever. But I promise that I will not scared the he'll out of my child because that scared me. I just wish I had that family that I used to have. But its life. Full of unexpected turns of events.

AN
Happy Halloween to all you ghouls and gals out there. Remember don't eat all the candy now! You gotta savor it!