Chapter 76

James P.O.V.

I slammed Stella's door shut. I went into the office and grabbed my things. Emily came into my office and I pushed her aside.

"James? What's wrong?" She asked. I ignored her grabbing my phone. I brushed say her and started walking to the front door. She stepped in front of me and I stopped. I never felt this way before. I never felt pissed before. I don't know how to react at this emotion.

"What happened?" She asked again. I ignored her and stepped aside. She stepped the same way. I was getting tired of this and pushed her to the side. Apparently I pushed her to hard because she fell and slammed into the wall.

"James! What the hell?" She screamed. I didn't even care. I waked out of the office and didn't bother shutting the door. I raced down the steps and unlocked my car. I threw my stuff and the back seat and drove off.

She can't do this. She can't do this to the baby. Why is she doing this? Doesn't she care? Why am I so conflicted? I never went off on Stella before. I slammed a door into her face. I hope she's okay, I hope I didn't hurt her. And Emily. I hurt here. I pushed her. I physically put my hands on her. I can't live with myself.

I heard a horn honk and I snapped back into reality. I realized that I was too late. I looked to the driver side window and a semi was coming straight for me. Instinct instantly took over me and I swerved the car. Unfortunately that did absolutely nothing and the semi slammed into me.

It all went in slow motion. My body flew to the side on impact. The airbags came out. The car started flipping. I couldn't do anything. My body shut down and I couldn't move. I felt glass pouring on me and my seat belt came undone. The next thing I knew I was flying out of the car. I landed on the road with a thump. Instanly I blacked out.

I woke up with my body was numb and I couldn't move. I was still on the side of the road and I don't know what happened. My ears were ringing and my eyesight was blurry. I blinked a couple of times to focus on the scene. I sat up and my head was pounding. I saw people coming out of there cars and running to me.

"Call 911!" Someone yelled. I stood my and looked at the accident. My car was crushed. There was smoke and debris everywhere. The driver side of my car was no were in sight. How did I even survive. And walking.

"Sir. Sir. Please sit down." Someone said behind me. I turned around in disbelief. I should have died. I did what they asked and collapsed on the ground. "Was anyone else in the car?" I shook my head and laid down. I was getting dizzy and I realized that I was bleeding.

"Move away everyone! I'm a trauma doctor." Someone yelled. I felt something getting pulled or of my pocket but I didn't care. I just wanted my head to stop pounding.

"James. I'm Darren. Tell me what hurts." The guy said softly. I did a full assessment of my body and realized that I may be seriously hurt. I lifted up my right arm.

"My wrist. My head. My stomach." I grunted out. He nodded and grabbed his backpack. I looked up not wanting to know what he had in there. Probably all doctor shit. I prayed that no one in the office knows. If they do I hope that they know that I'm okay or will be okay.

A neck brace went on me and my shirt was ripped open. I heard sirens and knew that I was probably going to live.

"Mr. Haffner. The next few minutes please do not move." Darren said. I noted and looked up at the clouds. Someone grabbed my hand and I turned confused. I was about to ask the person why they are holding my hand but instant pain cane to me. I yelped in pain and squeezed the hand. I tried my teeth and held my breath.

"Breathe James." A girl said. I glanced to the side and a brunette was staring back at me. She had a shade of purple in her eyes and she was absolutely beautiful.

"Is this an angel?" I asked smiling. She laughed and shook her head.

"No I'm not. You're still alive. And you're really trying to flirt with me when you are in extreme pain?" she asked still laughing.

"What's your name?" I asked ignoring her question.

"Taylor." She said and smiled.

"I'm James Haffner if you didn't know." I stated. Another wave of pain went through me and I squeezed Taylor's hand even harder. "Doesn't this hurt you?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Kinda but I imagine the pain you're going through right now and I suck it up." She answered. I chuckled and instantly stopped as pain radiated inside me. I groaned in pain as the sirens stopped. Everything went so quickly. I was lifted up on the gurney and we were wheeling to the ambulance.

"Miss I'm going to have to ask you to let go." Someone said.

"No I can't" She stated.

"Ma'am. You cant be on here unless you are family. I looked at Darren and he nodded.

"She is family." I croaked out. They nodded and she hopped in the ambulance. Taylor never let go of my hand. They closed the doors and zoomed away.

"Okay James. I believed that you felt excruciating pain in your abdomen. The reason why is because multiple pieces of glass in lodged it there. I got some out but there is a lot more. Now we are going to numb you so you won't feel a lot of pain. You'll just feel pressure." A paramedic explained. I nodded and looked at the ceiling. I couldn't really move my head anyway because of my neck brace. Something cold went on my stomach and I flinched as it went over where it hurt. Then one of the paramedics touched a spot on my side and I shrieked in pain and swatted the hand away. My whole left side is throbbing in pain and I squeezed Taylor's hand hard. I felt my fingernails digging in her hand I let go a bit. She rubbed my shoulder as tears gathered in my eyes. Don't cry. Don't cry in front of her.

"Speed it up here Joe." A paramedic yelled to the driver. I flinched my head pounded. Just put me out of my misery. Darren started speaking quietly to the paramedic and only a couple words sent me into panic. Internal bleeding.

Oh God. Lord Jesus Christ. God help me. I'm like dying. I'm too young.

"Mr. Haffner. There is a lot of pain in your abdomen because-" he didn't get to finish because I interrupted him.

"Internal bleeding. I know. I'm not going to die right?" I asked.

"Unlikely. But we don't know how much you have bleed. We are actually going to need to put you to sleep so we can get all the blood out. Sony worry I'll make sure you will wake up soon enough." Darren said. I nodded and looked back to the ceiling. Taylor squeezed my hand and I looked at her.

"Would you like to go out sometime?" I asked as he put fluid in my iv.

"Well I can't say no!" She said laughing.

"Thays great. If I wake up I'll give you my number." I said instantly getting tired.

"I already have it James." She said smirking. I chuckled and closed my eyes. "And don't worry. I'm not going anywhere." She whispered as I fell asleep.

A/N
Will James be okay? Is Stella okay? What will happen when they both find each other in the hospital? Who is Taylor? Why is there so many cliffhangers? Find out in the next chapter of Steal A Heart!!
Peace
AT