Chapter 48

Stella P.O.V.

I slapped my alarm clock as it was beeping for a long time. I am too tired to do anything. After we went back to the hotel we grabbed some chinese and watched a movie and my room. Adam came in about two hours later looking happy. He looked a lot better and was his normal self. He watched a horror movie and some action movies. Ross hated the horror movie but then we watched Marvel the rest of the night. I didn't go asleep until late. Max passed out on the second movie. I just left him on the couch while I got the whole bed to myself. I wasn't that nice to drag him in the bed. I did throw a blanket on him. I literally just chucked it at him and walked away.

I jumped out of the bed and packed all of my clothes. Our flight left in two hours. I walked out of the bedroom and went to the couch. Max was on the floor with his right leg on the couch. The blanket was tangled around him. I carefully sat down beside him and poked his arm. He didn't even budge. I went to his face and I poked his cheek. He winced but then eased. I started poking him over and over until he groaned. He swatted my hand away and opened his eyes.

"Such a beautiful face to wake up to." He whispered and gave me his million dollar smile.

"Dont make me get all girly." I warned, getting closer to him. He stretched and yawned. He sat up into a sitting position and smirked.

"It's true. I woke up seeing the light of my darkness." He said.

"Ok you can stop now." I said blushing. He grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him.

"It's so hard." He said. I looked into his eyes.

"What's hard?" I asked. Deez nuts! Ha got em!

"Having you like this." He whispered. I frowned and sat on his lap. "I dont like how you feel. I want to help but I can't. I just wanted you to be happy. I make you worse than you already are. I am failing as a boyfriend."

"No, no, no, no. You help me. I know that these past few days has been rough but we'll get through it. I have been in worse situations before. I can't handle a lot. I just need you to be strong. I know that my depression is going to be hell but I can deal with it." I said. He shook his head and wrapped his arms around himself.

"These events that happened on this trip is all my fault. I'm the one you shouldn't of left you. I'm the one who should have talked to you first. I was the one who got pissed at a simple thing. I was the one who did the worse thing ever and hit you. This is all my fault Stella." He started. I tried to stop him but he kept going. "Stella, I bring the worst out of you. I made you depressed. I was the voice inside you're head. But did I mean any of that? No. I did some horrible thing to you and we only met like half a year ago. I can't stand seeing you like this because of me."

"Max. You didn't make me depressed. There us bo reason why I am depressed. I just am. Stop talking like that." I said.

"I love you but don't you think that we should take care of ourselves first." He said.

"What are you saying Max?" I asked, carefully. I hope he is not doing what I think he's doing.

"I'm saying. I don't know what I'm saying. I just don't want to hurt you."

"Max, stop sugarcoating it. What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"We should take a break." He said quietly. What did he just say? We are breaking up. No, no, no. "I still love you like I'm going to date anybody else but we need to take care of ourselves first." I nodded, I couldn't get words out. Tears were forming around my eyes. We saw that I was going to cry and wrapped his arms around me. I shook him up and stood up. I was shaking in anger, sadness and complete utter embarrassment. I was so stupid. No one has ever stayed with me so why was Max any different?

I walked quickly to the bedroom and shut the room. I locked it and collapsed on the bed. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. Max knocked on the door twice but I never answered.

I tried to tell you Stella. You only told me how worthless I am, I snapped back to my brain. I am crazy aren't I? Having a conversation with myself I'm my head. Whatever. True but I was trying to get a message out to you. That voice was Max for a reason. What so that wasn't to fuck me up? Well duh that's what I'm here for but also to help you. So you tried to tell me that Max was going to do this? Somewhat yes. I actually think I like my brain now. Without all the shut t hat it said to me it's pretty nice.

God I'm crazy. I wiped off my cheeks and put on a sweatshirt. I put the hood up so nobody will notice my bloodshot eyes. I looked in the mirror and I looked horrible. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something? What happened? Those questions kept goimg through my head. That's all I could hear.

I sighed and grabbed my suitcase, I opened the door and walked straight for the door.

"Stella."Max said happily. I ignored him and went to the elevator. This I going to be hard.

Time skip to the airport brought to you by how boys are so stupid.

I walked to the security gate without talking to anybody. Everyone was talking to each other, Max kept glancing at me. I kept my head done, secretly trying to hold back my tears. I couldn't stand looking at Max. I don't think that reality hit me yet. My mind doesn't understand that Max and I broke up. Or like he calls it "taking a break" yeah right.

I sat down at the waiting area after we got cleared and waited for our flight to be ready. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and started to play games.

"Stella you have been quiet this whole time." Emily said. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me.

"I'm tired." I said. My voice cracked and Adam squinted at me.

"What's wrong?" Ross asked. He got up and walked to me.

"I'm fine!" I said more confidently. He didn't listen and took off my hood. He lifted my face and frowned.

"Stella, why are you crying?" Adam asked, on alert.

"I'm going to miss this place." I lied. I thought of that on the spot.

"Bullshit!" He quietly yelled. Alesa placed her hand in his and he calmed.

"We are here for you Stella. What's wrong?" Scott said. I shighed and opened my mouth to tell the truth.

"Flight 213 is now boarding." The announcer said. Saved by the bell. I quickly grabbed my stuff and got in the line to get on the plane. Thankfully no one brought the subject up while we were lifting off. I sat by Emily and she raised an eyebrow. I shrugged and looked behind us. Max was sitting with Tim two rows from the right of us. I tapped my finger on the arm rest as we lifted off. I closed my eyes to not think about how we are hundreds feet off the ground. I grabbed my blanket an completely covered me.  My head to toe.

As we flew home I cried the whole time. Two hours I believe. Finally sleep came over me and the last thing I thought was how I was going to work in the same place as Max.